Call can't be completed because of restrictions?
lilamikayla
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I try to make a call it says your call cannot be completed because there are restrictions on this line and no Verizon store seems to know what’s going on but it will let me use my data

Labels (1)
Re: Call can't be completed because of restrictions?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the call to a certain number or to all numbers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

lilamikayla
Enthusiast - Level 1

All numbers

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and ask them to check your line for restrictions or blocks and to reset the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lilamikayla, as your provider, our services are to ensure your calls go through, so this is mandatory we get a jump on this. When this happens, it's usually due to nonpayment or technical error, so we must do some research on your account. I have sent a message to your inbox, so we can investigate further. Please reply there.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Debbie771

The phone may have been set with child restrictions in error by a tech.  This happened to us -- Apparently this sets the phone to only call and text a set of 20 numbers.  If the number isn't in the list, then the error is "Call can't be completed because of restrictions. Error 24".

Verizon tech on this mornings call had no idea and had us jump thru a bunch of hoops with no resolution.  A second call this afternoon and the tech knew what the error was immediately and fixed it for us.  By the way, no where in the Verizon system could we locate this error or any settings for restrictions, which I thought I might troubleshoot on my own.  Who knows what the 20 approved numbers were, or how to set them up.  Mine apparently was one of the approved ones.  so if you get this error, be sure to inquire about child settings on the line, as the tech must have chosen a childs plan 2 weeks ago when we called to make adjustments, and they did not inform us of this setting.

0 Likes
Redbone62

I have the same problem  I'm annoyed! Never late on bills. I don't know what this restriction is about.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes