Highlighted

Call Forwarding from Land Line to Cell Phone

Hi there. I work out of two offices, one company location as well as my Home Office. When I am not in the company office, all calls are forwarded to my cell phone.

When I was on TMobile, those forwarded calls showed up on my cell phone usage as using 1 minute and indicated it was from that office line.

Having been on VZW for a few weeks, it looks like those forwarded calls come straight thru, and do not show having been forwarded from my land line.

Here is why it is a potential issue - figuring it would show up like it did on TMO, I put my office number in as one of my 5 friends and family numbers, figuring that if VZW did it like TMO, these calls would otherwise use up minutes. I also figured I could save a few hundred minutes by having them come through via the land line.

So am I safe to change to anotehr number as one of my 5? Does VZW then not count a forwarded call as incoming minutes from the forwarded phone, just from the originating line?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Call Forwarding from Land Line to Cell Phone

Any call forwarding done from your landline to your VZW cell phone would use your minutes during peak hours. If you keep your landline as a Friends&Family # then this shouldn't be an issue.
0 Likes