Call Forwarding from Land Line to Cell Phone
MDFinny

Hi there. I work out of two offices, one company location as well as my Home Office. When I am not in the company office, all calls are forwarded to my cell phone.

When I was on TMobile, those forwarded calls showed up on my cell phone usage as using 1 minute and indicated it was from that office line.

Having been on VZW for a few weeks, it looks like those forwarded calls come straight thru, and do not show having been forwarded from my land line.

Here is why it is a potential issue - figuring it would show up like it did on TMO, I put my office number in as one of my 5 friends and family numbers, figuring that if VZW did it like TMO, these calls would otherwise use up minutes. I also figured I could save a few hundred minutes by having them come through via the land line.

So am I safe to change to anotehr number as one of my 5? Does VZW then not count a forwarded call as incoming minutes from the forwarded phone, just from the originating line?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding from Land Line to Cell Phone
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Any call forwarding done from your landline to your VZW cell phone would use your minutes during peak hours. If you keep your landline as a Friends&Family # then this shouldn't be an issue.
0 Likes