Call Forwarding charges
lnovak

If I forward my wireless phone number to another verizon wireless phone number, but different state, different account, which phone will be charged for minutes used?  Will calls show up on both of our bills?  This seems like double dipping to me but from what I understand both phones would be charged.  Called customer service and got two different answers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding charges
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If you're forwarding your calls to another Verizon Wireless number neither account should be deducted airtime since it's a M2M call. 

If you were forwarding your calls to a Sprint number, for example, then yes, both your line and the Sprint line will be deducted airtime. 

0 Likes
lnovak

But which one of our bills would the calls show up on?  It still has to show minutes used on the bill. And how many anytime minutes are used.  Does it show up on both?  My son's old phone number is still on my plan, he has forwarded his number to his new cellphone, on his father's plan.  But on my bill it still shows all the calls coming into the old number and calling out to the forwarded number.  So is his dad's bill showing any calls or just mine? 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

lnovak wrote:

But which one of our bills would the calls show up on?  It still has to show minutes used on the bill. And how many anytime minutes are used.  Does it show up on both?  My son's old phone number is still on my plan, he has forwarded his number to his new cellphone, on his father's plan.  But on my bill it still shows all the calls coming into the old number and calling out to the forwarded number.  So is his dad's bill showing any calls or just mine? 

His Dad's bill will show the calls coming in to the phone (on that service)  from the old one.  Your bill is showing the incoming call from whoever - and getting charged airtime for those calls if they are not a Verizon cell phone calling in.  The outgoing (forwarded) is also showing on the bill, but, as chileman said, it's M2M so there are no minutes being used, just accounted for.

His new phone, on his dad's bill, is showing only the forwarded call from his old # as an incoming call, and using M2M minutes.

So your bill is showing incoming and outgoing, and being charged airtime for the incoming if it is not a Verizon wireless phone, or if the # is on your F&F list (if you are eligible).  And the other bill is showing incoming from his old cell to his new cell.

Hope that clears it up.

0 Likes