CELL SERVICE DOWN BORREGO SPRINGS, CA 92004
Ironbear2
Enthusiast - Level 1

HELP there is no service and we cannot call for any help. And no where in this WEB sight am I able to contact any one to report the outage or find out what is going on. Any FIRE, MEDICAL OR POLICE EMERGENCY is unobtainable.

Labels (1)
Re: CELL SERVICE DOWN BORREGO SPRINGS, CA 92004
ohiio54

I am having the same problem in the Los Angeles area my jetpack will no longer communicate and I cannot get through on the web page

0 Likes
Lroseadi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our service has been down since 6 pm in rams hill area

0 Likes
MelodyC

Isn't there a way to contact Verizon thru this website?? 

0 Likes
jane216

I wondered that too, just a phone number but a e-mail would be nice for those of us at work and can't call but could e-mail

0 Likes
vlmercer

Another in Borrego Springs out.  No messages from Verizon as to when service will be restored. 

0 Likes
vlmercer

Time to file another complaint with the FCC.  There is a serious element missing within their customer service.  There talk now service is also not working.  We have out of town guest coming and there is no way to contact us.  Texting is still working though.

0 Likes
MsBlucher

I spoke to Verizon Wireless' customer service (800-922-0204) about an hour ago and neither they nor tech support could tell me what's happened to our service nor when we can expect it to come back, but both allowed as how there were 'numerous open tickets' on the matter, and that 'a team was aware of the situation'. I suggested that maybe someone in customer relations try texting us as information becomes available, but was told there wasn't really any system in place to do something like that (!?) - that larger outages would get an explanatory message inserted into the initial voicemail menu, but it seems this is not a big enough problem for them to address it that way, much less contact us affected customers directly. Sheesh.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ohiio54,

We want you to have the best service possible! Are you still having issues with signal on your Jetpack? If so, please remove your SIM card and reinsert it. Power cycle (on/off) your device. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bush_ES

Cell service down in El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles, next to LAX) at approx 17:00 PM 24 May 2014

I just had 30 minutes of the most surreal conversation with two Verizon employees. Cell service failed here to three different Verizon phones. Not one but THREE, all different accounts (therefore not payment issues or phone hardware problems). No inbound or outbound phone calls or text. But LTE Internet and email works perfectly. The phone displays the usual 4 or 5 bars of signal. Calls from PSTN (i.e. a wired AT&T phone) to all three phones go to Voice mail. No ringing in mobiles.

Drive 10 blocks away (presumably to a different cell site or booster) and cell calls and text work again. In fact 6 blocks away a pile of texts suddenly come in, some of them sent an hour earlier. That must be where it switches to a different cell. There are 3 cell towers on Imperial Highway (south side of LAX), presumably one is Verizon. 

If you call 611 you get 15 minutes of IVR messages until you get a (presumably, although the jury is still out on that) human. After 5 minutes of patient explanation ("No, it's not my phone, we're talking on it!) I am finally routed to a second person who supposedly is in the correct repair department. But after 10 minutes of, "Yes my phone is working, because you and I are talking on it, but it won't work 10 blocks from here. Where there has for several years been perfect service!"

This service "person" wants to reboot the phone or send it an electronic raspberry. She can't comprehend that (a) the phone is indeed working because I called her... and (b) that Verizon's outside plant equipment could actually fail. Verizon needs to license that Hanna Barbera 10 pound animated sledge hammer that can operate through the phone to clunk this block head on the noggin. Clunk! (I'd pay a buck for that App!)

Eventually, before I say something stupid, I just say, "Look, gotta go. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!"

Further there is no link on (this) Verizon web site to report any service disruptions.

Missing a few phone calls is no big deal but you can't call 911, which is serious because lots of people these days have no landline phones.

I have a small cell booster at my house (in a Hollywood Hills canyon where there is zippo cell service) which is connected to the Internet. Works great! I should get one here in E.S. as an emergency backup!

Well, gotta go. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

0 Likes