CAN YOU IMPROVE CONSISTENTLY POOR RECEPTION IN MY HOUSE, ZIP CODE 06489?
JOHORE67
Enthusiast - Level 1

WE HAVE THREE iPHONES IN OUR HOUSE AND OVER SEVERAL YEARS WE ALWAYS EXPERIENCE WEEK RECEPTION TO THE POINT WHERE WE TELL CALLERS TO CALL US BACK ON THE LANDLINE.  ONE BAR AT BEST IN ALL PARTS OF THE HOUSE. IT SEEMS FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE PAY EACH MONTH, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE OUR CELLPHONES IN THE HOUSE.

CAN VERIZON IMPROVE OUR RECEPTION OR DO WE NEED TO LOOK AT OTHER WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDERS?

Labels (1)
Re: CAN YOU IMPROVE CONSISTENTLY POOR RECEPTION IN MY HOUSE, ZIP CODE 06489?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please don't use all caps. In internet speak it is the equivalent of yelling.

Please also search the community for the MANY threads that have solutions posted regarding your complaint.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHORE67-

Being without service is never a good feeling. I know it's important to have reliable service at home. What type of iPhones are you using? Has this been an issue since you started service with us? Does it happen indoors only and is affecting your data or texting?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHORE67
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is not a problem with texting. Data seems OK. It is always one bar and affects cellular

usage or phone calls. We have iPhones 6, 6S and 7 plus. Poor reception occurs

throughout the house and surrounding yard. It is very annoying! We have always

had a problem with reception but it seems to be worse in the past year or two

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you enabled wifi calling for the devices that support it?

Another option is to purchase a network extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for filling me in on all these important details, JOHORE67. Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. This may also apply to your service when you’re immediately outside a building too, although service will generally improve the further from a building you get. To assist you with having a more consistent indoor experience we have a number of technology solutions available to you, which Ann154 mentioned. WiFi Calling is an amazing option to use for your calls while you’re inside and since it’s available on iPhone 6 or newer models, all three of your iPhones would be able to benefit. Do you have access to a home-based high speed internet while you’re home? Have all three of your phones updated to iOS 10 already (#3 at www.verizonwireless.com/support/ios-10-faqs )?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes