Buying a tablet
Vinman30

i am considering buying a tablet and wanted to know if i need to add it to my wireless account in order to use the internet functionality it has? If yes, what is the amount of charges I would incur?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying a tablet
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you buy a cellular connection capable tablet then you would have to add to your account for as long as you as required per the terms of the purchase.

If you purchase a wifi only tablet, you can use your account's mobile hotspot feature through your phone to allow the tablet to access the Internet when you don't have a wifi connection available from any other source.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Buying a tablet
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Adding a tablet to your More Everything account is a $10/month line access charge, and it will share whatever pool of data you have.  If you purchase a subsidized tablet, or get one "free" from Verizon on a promo deal, then the $10 will stay on the account for 24 months.

You can also purchase a tablet outright, add it for $10/month (plus the $35 activation fee for the new line) and cancel the data plan at any point if you find you can get by without it.  Tablets work just fine on wifi.

You can purchase a wifi only tablet as well.  I have one wifi only tablet, and one on my account that I rarely use the cellular data on, because I have wifi readliy available.  It's nice to have the cellular option though.

0 Likes