Buyer Beware - Promotion not applied to account
Lusitanian

I wanted to reach out to the community after what i experienced so that others would be wary of taking any promotions from a Verizon representative. 

About 2 months ago Verizon was offering a promotion where if you bought one Pixel 4 XL you would get a second Pixel 4 XL for free. I couldnt find anything that was clear enough on the eligibility requirements for this so i decided to open up a live chat with a Verizon rep. After speaking to the rep, i was assured that my account was elgibile multiple times, along with telling me that the promotion had been applied and what my bill would be like after the promotion credit. I wasn't currently in dire need of a new phone, but i thought the deal was good and it would only raise our monthly bill by 5-10 dollars so i thought it would be good. The representative then ordered the phone on my behalf and assured me again that everything was good to go.

A few days later, i saw a commercial for the deal that i had taken advantage of and thought i heard it say something about needing an unlimited plan which confused me since i dont currently have that plan. Upon reaching out to another rep, I was reassured that my account was eligible and the promotion had been applied. I thought, ok sounds good. At this point i had been told by multiple people more then once that my account was good. 

Fast forward to this month and I'm seeing that there is still no credit applied. I reach out to a represntative and I'm told that my account is not eligible for that promotion. Now that the phones have been delivered and im being charged for them, with no way to cancel, I am being told that I am not eligible for the promotion. I let the representative know that this wasnt acceptable, but all they can offer is $200 in credit and 8GB of free data. The data is useless to me since i work from home and am on wifi pretty much all the time. The $200 helps, but the promotion was for a free Pixel 4 XL which is an $899 expense. That means I am stuck paying $699 for a mistake that I didnt not make.

After an hour of back and forth, thats all I got. Stuck paying for the mistake of two different people with no way of any recourse. Not a great story going into the holiday season. Suffice it to say I will be trying to move to another wireless provider as soon as I can.

0 Likes