Brigadier
kitchenspk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my commando to the Brigadier. It is advertised as waterproof up to 6 feet for 30 minutes. I got it wet and it died, it was just 2 weeks old. The local store manager told me they will not stand behind it, it was my fault for getting it wet??? I do not have insurance because I will gladly by a new phone if i lose or damage one, but having to have insurance just to make sure the phone operate as advertised gives me some heartburn. Is this really Verizon's policy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brigadier
Snn5
Legend

That warranty claim was advertised by Kyocera, not Verizon.

c.PNG

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
kitchenspk
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is straight from Verizon's website

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yep.  Kyocera makes the phone.  The manufacturer handles all warranty claims.  Verizon doesn't repair phones.  If this is a defect that Kyocera covers, then Verizon is authorized to provide you with a replacement, however, you do not have insurance, so you must go to Kyocera for repairs in conjunction with warranty claims.

0 Likes
kitchenspk
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is very poor customer service for a 2 week old phone. The local store manager wouldn't even speak with me, looks like he would at least inform me how to contact Kyocera. I've have 4 phone accounts with Verizon and have for over 15 years, from what I'm gathering, they do not care to keep me.

Snn5
Legend

Chat, email, phone number:

Kyocera Phones Support

0 Likes
Microchixx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I got the brigadier because it was a rugged design. I read all the specs of the phone and ONLY used it according to the promises made. My p home is only 6 weeks old but I have had problems from day 1. The specs outlined should be coveredunder the IMPLIED WARRANTY. There is no point getting this more expensive phone if it doesn't perform. These issues are a "bait and switch" tactic and the BBB will be hearing from me.