Blocked calls/texts still making it through and out
CSW88

I just activated usage controls for an account I manage. I have blocked a few numbers, but the user is still managing to exchange calls/texts. There are international numbers that are causing a large overages in the bill.

How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocked calls/texts still making it through and out
budone
Legend

International I believe can not be blocked. If they are harassing or even just a pain in the rear and you are not emotionally or business wise tied to your number, I would simply change the number.

0 Likes
CSW88

Actually they can. It's not my number, it's someone on my account who is persistent in contacting these international numbers. I don't want to get into the details on why.

Blocked Contacts: Block communications with up to 20 contacts, including ten-digit phone numbers, international numbers, email addresses, instant messaging screen names, 411 and private/restricted numbers.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you take the phone away or suspend the line until the user agrees to stop making the calls?

Have you asked Verizon why the blocks aren't working, especially since you are paying for the service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey CSW88,

I am so sorry that you are having trouble blocking these international calls and texts. I personally know how the can rack the bill up, so I understand wanting to make sure they are blocked fully. If I may ask, how have you entered the number in the block list? Was it 011XXXXXXX or another way? The starting digits (011) are to call outside the US, then there is the country code for where you are calling (i.e. 81 for Japan or 33 for France). Then you have the actual international number. I want to make sure that you are entering the number in correctly, basically as it would be shown on a call into the phone or in a contact list. Please check this and get back to us.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CSW88

Michelle,

I was able to hear back via phone about the issue. I was not aware that the user had activated international dialing (prior to my taking over). This has since been removed from the features. I also ensured the numbers I had were accurate in the usage controls. I was not adding the 011.

I am not yet sure, however, if everything is working perfectly. I have not seen any int'l calls since, but I did see a few int'l text messages the day after I updated everything. Is there any reason there could be a short delay?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your discovery CSW88! I see it's been a while since you posted, so are you still seeing international messages? Keep in mind that the individual international number may not always appear with a 011 before it, as international messages with countries like Canada don't require any special dialing pattern. You can log into My Verizon and see your message records and the actual numbers sending/receiving the text under "Usage Details", in case there's a number that slipped past while you were blocking numbers in Usage Controls.

If you are still having trouble, I may need to open a ticket to find out how the messages are still getting through. You can follow and direct message me your contact information if it continues.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes