Block Calls
RayMan77
Hi my question is, How do I block an incoming call on Motorola 755 without blocking all incoming calls? Is this possible?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Block Calls
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3
You should be able to control calls incomming by subscribing to usage controls for the specific number. This is a self service option on your online account. This would be the only way you could possibly block an incomming call.
0 Likes
CBragg
You can actually block up to 10 numbers by calling Customer Care. The block is free, and lasts up to 90-days. You'll need to re-request the block after the 90-days are up if you still wish for the incomming caller to be blocked.
0 Likes
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3
Good call, i forgot about that.
0 Likes
RayMan77
Well... I thank you both for your replies, whatever happen to the days when you could push like *68 or * 66 after the caller had called and block their number? to have to call a Verizion Rep or go online to block or un-block a call seems a little much, but so be it. thanks again for your help.
0 Likes
thefactor

Sign in to My Verison and go here: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/messageIntercept/messageInterceptHome.action

You can block up to 5 numbers.

0 Likes
WHISTLINGGYPSY

Hi

Is there a way to block "private" calls.....I have the feature on my land line, but "restricted" numbers still come through on the cell.  If a restricted number calls my land line they get a message that I don't accept private calls, so they have to re-dial using *82 to allow their number to show up.  Can I have that happen for my cell phone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

WHISTLINGGYPSY wrote:
....Is there a way to block "private" calls.....I have the feature on my land line, but "restricted" numbers still come through on the cell.  If a restricted number calls my land line they get a message that I don't accept private calls, so they have to re-dial using *82 to allow their number to show up.  Can I have that happen for my cell phone?

As far as I know, there is not.  In order to BLOCK a number, your handset has to be able to see what the incoming number is.  Frustrating, yes.  My solution - depending on my mood at the time - I'll answer or let it go to VM.  If it's someone who really wants to talk to me, they will leave a message so I can call back.

0 Likes
unclewylie

Excellent link.  Just what I needed for a spam call that doesn't adhere to 'Do not call list'.

Thanks

0 Likes
LUVMYNYJETS

its *67

works on land lines, but not so much on your wireless phone

0 Likes