Black Friday deal cancelled
nbargolf

my order through Verizon was cancelled. This was on the offer on the Galaxy s9 for 399.99 for 24 months at 16.66 a month. I spent hours with support only to find out a supervisor had disallowed the discount. I was able to spent more time with support and was told the discount would be put through but I am still waiting on a confirmation. If I don't get it within the return date I am going to return the phone and cancel my service and move to a different provider. Can't believe they don't want to honor their own deal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black Friday deal cancelled
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The bill credits take one to two billing cycles to be reflected on the bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Nbargolf, making sure you get the Galaxy S9 at a reasonable price is always important. We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. We love your loyalty. I do apologize for the hassle that you've had to go through. This is never the kind of treatment we want our customers to go through. I'm glad to learn that they were able to get the process started to get the monthly credits to be applied to the monthly bill. As Ann154 has stated, it can take up to one to two billing cycles before they would appear on the monthly bill. Once the credits apply, it will be backdated for the months that the credits didn't hit the bill. Does this make sense?

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nbargolf

Ok but when should I receive a confirmation that the discount is approved. I don't want to wait til outside the return date to have it denied.Then I will be on the hook for the full amount. Like I said if I don't receive a confirmation before the return date I will cancel. I am not going to pay full price for this phone when other carriers or offering discounts.

0 Likes
nbargolf

Still no response about getting a confirmation. I have until Jan 10th then I will return phones and switch carriers. Guess Verizon really doesn't want to honor their deal.

0 Likes
nbargolf

I had talked to support and the agent was really nice and said she would contact the department about confirmation. She ever called back and said no response yet and she would call when they responded. That was six days ago still no response about getting a confirmation.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

nbargolf wrote:

I had talked to support and the agent was really nice and said she would contact the department about confirmation. She ever called back and said no response yet and she would call when they responded. That was six days ago still no response about getting a confirmation.

The only confirmation that I got when I got the Black Friday deal in 2016 was when the first bill credit was applied to the bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nbargolf

Ann154 you are a lot more trusting than I am. Especially after a supervisor cancelled the first order because he disallowed the discount. Hope mine goes through but I have my doubts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

nbargolf wrote:

Ann154 you are a lot more trusting than I am. Especially after a supervisor cancelled the first order because he disallowed the discount. Hope mine goes through but I have my doubts.

I wasn't that trusting. I was calling customer service after each bill that didn't have the bill credits asking why they weren't showing up.

0 Likes