Re: Black Friday and iPhone X - BIG FAIL!!!!!!!!
BRALEH83
Enthusiast - Level 2

The X was on the VZ site and was interestingly enough taken off of the site in the last two hours.  Funny how I was able to chat with a rep this evening about purchasing one but now they are off their site.  No two ways about it - this whole thing reeks...

0 Likes
BRALEH83
Enthusiast - Level 2

dexman​ the whole "Japan market" thing makes no sense either.  They are trying to bump up their next-gen Xx phones by cutting their pricing, but yet they will restart production on the "old X" for that same market at a price point higher than the Xr???  Really?  That's like Ford restarting production on the Taurus from two years ago when their lots are already full of newer models, just because they have a glut of engines and transmissions that will fit only the two year old model.  If this makes no sense to you, then I must be on the right boat...Also, restarting production ain't cheap.  They must be needing to use up an awful lot of OLED's...no doubt that some/most of them will be coming over to the always phone hungry American market, especially since the typical Japanese consumer changes phones most every year....

0 Likes
gpounders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I order 4 iphone Xs early Thursday morning.  The package was scheduled for delivery today but fedex said shipping was refused and returning back to the shipper.  They never came, never left a note and now I will never get those phones.  I am so mad at verizon and Fedex right now, I could scream.  I am seriously considering switching back to At&t now.

AWBEACON
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to second this frustration.  The site said the deal was good till the end of the day without mentioning limited quantities.  My family and I went out to check out the phone (at another retailer) to see if it fit our needs.  Got home and found the deal was still posted but not available and I would have been happy for it to take a month to deliver.  At the end of the day I don't need to upgrade and may likely switch carriers if another vendor has a better deal.

JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We value your long time loyalty Kriall38, and we're always here to help.We never want you feeling disappointed. I apologize for the all the inconvenience you've gone through with your iPhone X order at the store. I know we were all excited to take advantage of this great promotion.

You stated your My Verizon account shows you have an order. When you received the error message at the store, were you provided the order number and location code for your order? Have you been able to reach Customer Service since posting your concern here? We will need to access your account to see if we are able to view the order you placed at the store. Please keep in mind that if the order did not go through, we would not be able to offer the Black Friday promotion. If you place a new order, you would only be able to take advantage of the current pricing.

Please reply to the Direct Message I sent so we may further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

LKA10, we are sorry to hear about this experience.  We want to make sure that we have all of the details.  When was the device ordered?  When did you receive this email that it was cancelled?  Did it specify why it was cancelled? 

SeanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rodneym_vzw
Verizon Employee

Awbeacon, we never want to hear a customer looking to leave the Verizon family. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We had an overwhelming response to the Black Friday offers. All of our offers are while supplies last. The iPhone X is currently out of stock. Verizon is still offering trade-in promotions on the new iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS max. I have supplied a link to the details. https://www.verizonwireless.com/holiday/deals/

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
christygreen16

I am also disappointed with this promo. I had an online confirmation for two XR upgrades (all that was left very early on, space gray 64gb). Instead of contacting me, a verizon rep cancelled that order and replaced the order for full price phones. For 37.49 a phone per month (full price) I can get a much better option. I called customer service. They filled out "a form" but said the chances were very unlikely that I would receive the promo. I refused the phone shipment as I was informed there would be a $100 stocking fee if I returned the phones. I have been a customer 10+ years. This was really disappointing. I felt the old "bait and switch" especially since a new order was entered without the promo. I definitely don't feel like a valued customer. I gave you a chance to fix it and do the right thing. It was an easy fix to honor my order.

0 Likes
DAVFAI53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was on website around 11am on Black Friday. All 4 models of iPhone X were available (space grey had ship of Dec 12 and Silver was in January). Was not able to order at the time and when I returned at 2pm all the models were gone. Wife checked store. Said they were sold out 8am and said they aren't making it anymore. They are gone. Surprise. Went on VZ website today and all 4 models are available at full price (except for lame $100 trade in promo). Funny that I can order the space grey in 64 or 256 right now and have it delivered 2 days from now but if I did manage to get last Friday it wouldn't have shipped till later. Silver is available but says Jan 18. Chatted with an online rep and they didn't even know they were available. Made me send her the link to VZ page. I did and she said ' oh I see it now, that's wierd'. She said she was told they were out and acknowledged that a lot of people weren't able to take advantage of the promotion b/c they sold out. Its very obvious there were caps put on how many they wanted to sell at the discounted price or they wouldn't be available now. Rep just tried to dismiss it and said I could take advantage of the current $100 trade in offer and I said that was horrible and said I might just have to switch my 4 lines to a different carrier and she said she didn't want that. Said she could waive the $30 activation fee for each line. I sad that was funny and told her I was done and exited chat. Its obvious based on the outcry that Verizon customer's feel they were wronged, what puts it over the top for me is that they pull something like this and then don't give you the time of day afterward.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your long time loyalty is appreciated and we always want to help in any way we can, christygreen16. I want to ensure we are addressing the correct concerns. You mentioned you had two orders placed for the iPhone XR. If your order was placed with a promotional offer, we would not cancel the order. What day was this order placed? I would like to check the promotion from this day. The iPhone XR promotion was $300.00 off with trade-in device on a brand new line or $100.00 off with an upgrade with select trade-in devices.  

Danielle_VZW

0 Likes