Billing me for a phone that I cancelled in January? Management won't call me back...
TooOld4thisCrap

I am very irritated and disappointed with Verizon customer service.... I recently phoned them because all of a sudden a phone that was lost and cancelled in December 2014, was on my bill for May 2015 billing.  I called customer service on May 7th in a panic, because I thought somehow the phone I cancelled with Verizon on January 5th, was found and somehow reactivated.  Not the case, as  I spoke with Mario in Customer service, who absolutely refused to help me figure out how on earth a phone that was lost and cancelled nearly 5 months before was now reactivated by Verizon, without my consent or knowledge. 

So here is the story.  Late December the phone was lost we looked for it for several days and were not able to locate it.  On January 5th, 2015 I called Customer service and spoke with someone named Ladia.  I explained the phone was lost outside somewhere and it needed to be cancelled.  There had been -0- activity on it since the day it went missing, and were not going to buy another phone, because my husband doesn't like or need a cell phone.  She canceled the phone and dropped my data plan to 500mb.  So my bill dropped down to $62.83.   I have been a customer for over 10 years, I have never been late with a payment, as I always paid early.   So I get this bill Mar 29 to April 28 and the lost phone is on my bill as if it was never canceled.  So Mario was unable to help and I told him I would never pay for that phone as it had been canceled in January.  He said the person input it as a "Suspended" phone...  I asked him why I would suspend a phone that was long lost?  I asked to speak to his supervisor.  So Supervisor Jamie gets on the phone and again she said they sent me texts saying the phone was being reactivated.  I looked back at the texts that I supposedly received in March and nothing from Verizon about this phone.  I said I know they record the conversations, pull the recording from January 5th with Ladia and you will know I cancelled.  Jamie said they cannot because they don't keep them that long.  She said that they would credit back a portion of the lost phone's bill, but not all of it.  I told her I would never pay that and I needed to speak with someone else.  She assured me that I would receive a call back the next day from a day supervisor.  Well today is June 1st and I am still waiting. We are going on nearly one month since I initially contacted them  I have received a new bill and I am seriously past due on a phone that I have not had since December.  Oh by the way, I got a text that they indeed cancelled the phone on May 28th..But they still say I owe $60 for the month of April to May 28.  I need to know what do I do.  I will never pay the bill for the lost phone, but they have threatened to ruin my credit, which has always been perfect....

Please tell me whom I can contact to get this resolved. They seem to be a pack of liars and no one wants to take accountability for an employee who did something wrong.  what the hell??

Please advise..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Billing me for a phone that I cancelled in January? Management won't call me back...
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Pay the bill.

0 Likes
Re: Billing me for a phone that I cancelled in January? Management won't call me back...
rcschnoor
Legend

It appears the phone is now cancelled. You did not check your bill from January until now that the line was still on your account but simply suspended all that time. You also did not receive confirmation that the line was indeed cancelled back in December/January. Was the line under contract? Did you pay an ETF if it was? If it was under contract, you will have to pay the ETF now that it is cancelled. I would pay the bill and from now on make sure to read your bill each month, or AT LEAST for a month or 2 after you make a change of that magnitude again.

0 Likes
Re: Billing me for a phone that I cancelled in January?  Management won't call me back...
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the rep did what most people would request when a phone is lost...suspend the line until a replacement is activated. The question I ask you is, "Was the lost phone on contract?"  That's what will make all the difference between an ETF now after the fact and a possible error between a suspension with billing.  Basically, if it was on contract then you pay the owed amount for past months to December 2014 and then pay an ETF or maybe Verizon just lets you pay the ETF, and if out of contract then pay the past due amount.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TooOld4thisCrap

It is important that we look into this for you. We don't want you to feel in any way that we don't want to address this further. I will be sending you a personal message so we can continue to discuss.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes