Billing issues outrageous bill
Danconley51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am constantly having to call in and have my bill looked at  I call every month and there is some sort of mistake on my bill and I am constantly having to call in 2 customer service. Since day one I've had data overages problems it's stated on my bill that I had used over 18 gigs of data in one month mind you I am not home 80% of the time with free Wi-Fi when I call into customer service there is no way I can use 18 gigs of data for one line in one month customer service response was giving me tips on how to avoid using so much data every month so finally after 6 months I was able to save up enough money to pay off the old phone which had problems get a new phone and still I have billing issues once I noticed I was going over my data and tried to change my plan online and backdate it which I failed so then I called customer service and had them do it guess what my next bill there was over charges they had no call or no record of me calling him and having customer service correct and backdate my bill so of course I had over charges and had to argue with a customer service representative and try and get a refund or credit on my bill then the next month my credit was still not on my bill my check came in late I had called customer service to let them know I was going to be one day late pay my bills so I would avoid a disconnect the customer service rep told me it would be fine then guess what I wake up the next morning and my services were shut off I called made the payment and I knew I was going to get a reconnect fee I spoke to her presented if they told me they had no record of me calling in so then she said she would refund me the $20 reconnect fee that is going to show up on my bill next month guess what the next month there was no credit on my account I had to argue with the other representative about all the previous credits that I was promised then I started to look at my bill a little bit closer in the very beginning about a year ago I had purchased two Gizmo Pals for my daughters and within the month my ex-husband had smashed them but I was still getting charged $5 for each additional line for almost a year I told the customer service rep she did find the note where I had disconnected does gizmo Pals and argued with me about crediting back the previous months of the $5 charge she told me she could only go back 3 months it is ridiculous to pay over $200 a month 4 services for two lines when is Android and the other one is a basic talk and text phone my bill currently is over $500 I'm about to throw the phone away cancel services previous to me coming back I was with Verizon 4/15 years and I never once had problems I love to try and save a little money during difficult times ended up coming back after a year and have had nothing but problems after problem rude customer service never credited anything outrageous billing I am so fed up

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Billing issues outrageous bill
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If adding and dropping lines/devices can be accomplished by logging into your account on the Verizon Wireless website, going that route might be worth exploring. Ditto for examining your bill and trying to determine what is triggering the data overages.

CYNLAN10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Couldn't Agree With You More. I cannot believe our family used 40 GB data in less than one week.

rcschnoor
Legend

CYNLAN10 wrote:

I cannot believe our family used 40 GB data in less than one week.

I also can't believe people who use that much data, but it is certainly possible to do so without much effort.

JTB51246
Enthusiast - Level 1

File a complaint at BBB.org(BetterBusinessBureau.org)

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

rcschnoor wrote:

CYNLAN10 wrote:

I cannot believe our family used 40 GB data in less than one week.

I also can't believe people who use that much data, but it is certainly possible to do so without much effort.

It's all a matter of knowing how data usage works and how to set apps not to use the highest quality. People don't try to understand how it works and then pass the blame to someone else.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I Personally wish the data plans would show how to use proper sentence structure and grammar. 😉

Josie7799

Nope, same thing happened to me twice.  How we go from 1.6GB for 4 lines in a month to over 12GB without changing any habits or settings.  Plus, this during Covid shutdown when we were all home using wifi!!

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes