Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JFER80,

We are sad if we are saying this. Making sure all things are in check is important. I’ve sent you a Private Message to gather much needed information to assist you. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
DEEPROSE
Enthusiast - Level 1

[Removed]

(pasted from last post) "Business or not, the price of roaming on a contracted tower is not huge.  I don't believe for a minute that Verizon created a negative deficit.  They use it to say, "hey, we've got the best network availability"...only to read the small print."

Let me explain the small print comment.  Verizon has been signing residents within this region for years, now only because of people actually living, working and using the service in their area, their service is being discontinued because Verizon is now considering the area out of their "home" network.  The towers in the area were contracted by Verizon Wireless for a network build.  The company that won the contract, and signed with Verizon to distribute the signal owns the equipment, but only broadcasts a Verizon 4GLTE Signal.

Anyone driving through the area or vacationing in the area can enjoy great 4GLTE Service, but now the residents that live and work here, are forced to a different carrier with less coverage. 

I hope this clears up your confusion.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEEPROSE, I want to make sure you have all the accurate information you need to understand why this has happened. When roaming you are using a non-Verizon tower in order to access service. This is also described in the terms and conditions on our website- available to everyone here > http://vz.to/2h7RX2W

We don't want to lose anyone's business indefinitely. For this small amount of customers we will ensure they are taken care of once they reach out to us directly, as we still respect and value their time. 

Here's more information about roaming > http://vz.to/2h6WD9h

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

8,500 customers are not a small amount!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

Can they buy out my contract too? My service is horrible and getting worse. Unfortunately I'm not in these areas. 

0 Likes
Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is a Verizon service area

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Technically it actually isn't a native Verizon Wireless area. The service is provided by a regional carrier who built the network in a partnership agreement with Verizon Wireless. The towers and broadcast equipment are not owned by Verizon Wireless. The regional carrier charges Verizon Wireless for the service used by customers of Verizon Wireless which is a higher rate than they would charge the regional carrier's customers. If you zoom in far enough on the coverage map, you can see exactly where the Verizon 4G LTE and the extended 4G LTE network are marked.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

siriusjamie wrote:

It is a Verizon service area

The whole issue is because this is considered roaming by Verizon, right? I mean. that is what your original post was about. You also, understand that Verizon contracts with this regional carrier to provide service to Verizon customers. You do understand that, according to the agreement you signed, if you spend a majority of your time in a roaming state you will be dropped.

How can you now say it is a Verizon service area? It is simple. If Verizon doesn't own the towers, then it is NOT a Verizon service area.

0 Likes
rangerdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

My understanding of this is that it I only affects people on the unlimited plan.  So maybe if you like verizons cell service, sign up for a limited data plan?   Sales reps are supposed to do their due diligence and check your area before selling you a hotspot. Extended network can't handle Verizon customers streaming unlimited data.   

0 Likes