Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Being dropped for being in a Verizon LTE , “extended roaming“ area. Dropping over 19000 Customers. Shame on you! No wonder your customer Satisfaction rate is going down!

Labels (1)
Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon is a for profit business, if you're costing them more than they make off of your account it makes good business sense. Be sure to read the plan agreements for the service you're signing up for, all carriers have such a clause.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/4x8kut/tmobile_cancelled_my_wifes_lin...

Sprint Drops Customers Who Call for Help Too Often : NPR

OUTRAGE: Sprint said to cancel nearly 200 military accounts for "excessive roaming" | ZDNet

» AT&T Wireless: Surprise Terms & Conditions

Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
ENLIGHTENEDDECOR
Enthusiast - Level 1

We received the same letter in our area. None of it makes sense. Many people from all over are saying Verizon is doing this to them, no matter how many years of being a loyal customer, no matter if there is no other reliable service in the area, no matter what. They're leaving us high and dry, I find it odd that they are telling everyone the same story about 19000 people being affected.

We were told that it was because the local carrier was not wanting to let customers with high data usage bounce off their towers anymore.

I am absolutely appalled that we are being treated this way. I've always recommended Verizon over all other carriers. No more.

LASTGUNSLINGER3759
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow way to only tell half the story. Verizon can't guarantee the quality of service that people are paying for their money in those areas therefore they're allowing people to go to other providers while Verizon regroups and contemplates putting their own tires in the area so they no longer have to rent bandwidth from their competitors. Oh and by the way don't you dare include the fact that any device purchased up till today that is currently on device payments that is affected by this issue will be fully paid off by Verizon leaving those customers with zero financial hardship dealing with their devices.

LASTGUNSLINGER3759
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sorry that you're being affected by this however isn't Verizon paying off any device no matter how much is left on device payments so that you don't have to pay anything out of pocket? Just to let you know if this were to happen with the Sprint network anyone and everyone would be expected to fulfill their device payment contracts no matter how much was owed on them. I know you're frustrated and I understand your anger but only telling part of the story isn't doing anyone any favors

CHURCH39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes they are. They are doing it to me and at first I was [Removed] but I'm not gonna let it bother me. I will just switch and take my phone with me. The one thing I wish is that I would have known cause then I would have upgraded all my lines to a note 8 so they could pay those off.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pleaae stop responding until you know the whole story.  my post explains it well, my service never once said roaming, it only said Verizon I asked   Verizon years ago 8 to be exact if it was OK where I was located which I am only there 3 days a week. Apparently customer satisfaction is trumped by profit. This affects 19,000 people. Bad idea Verizon..

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should check your recent bills. I had a notice in mine this month about having your service address and most of your usage in non-verizon area and the customer agreement would be changing to reflect this change of the terms. Give me a few hours to pull the exact wording from the bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Important Information Regarding Your Customer Agreement

Verizon Wireless is updating some of the provisions of your Customer Agreement, including that the Agreement applies to anyone who uses your Service. Further, your primary place of use must be within an area served by the network Verizon owns and operates, and data services may be limited while roaming on another carrier's network. Finally, the dispute resolution provision will continue to apply after your Service has ended. For the complete Customer Agreement, visit vzw.com."

AARBRO7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the letter yesterday I am being dropped for roaming also..  they say I am using atnt tower to often. Which sucks because I had atnt and there service does not work at home.  And it didn't work well around my state (and I travel for work) which is why I switched back to Verizon.   I got the unlimited because my phone data with Verizon always worked and I have No other options for internet at my home other than satellite.    had no idea that I was roaming because my iPhone has never said "roaming" when I am home (Only home 3 days a week anyway)      Would much rather have had the option to go back to an old "non data" plan with Verizon than to be forced to leave Verizon. In my situation it is actually not going to be effective to switch to atnt because the service was largely ineffective.    I guess now I have to go landline and just not have a phone when I travel.  Thanks Verizon.. rather than work with me and explain the situation you just give me the boot.. and my gf too.     had Verizon from 07-16 and then left for just a few months before returning.. thats a lot of business with a company and its dissappointig to be treated so badly.  I guess that's the way of the world now.