Re: More Everything Plan
rcschnoor
Legend

If you renewed 6 lines in June, your ETFs would be $1860 at most.

Re: Bait & switch?
Not applicable

Leovelo wrote:

It will cost me $2000 to get out of my contract.  If they would take back the phones and cancel the contract, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.  If I could get the termination charges down to $1000, I'd be gone in an instant.  I would GLADLY pay $1000 just to be able to leave Verizon and never come back.  I just can't afford $2,000.

How would it cost you $2000? Anyway if I really thought I was being ripped off I would leave regardless of cost. Every month you stay aren't they ripping you off more? So wouldn't leaving save you money thus you'd make that $2000 back.

0 Likes
qdemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I did mention that the plan still appears on the VZW site.  I could probably just sign up and gamble that it will work out for me.  But experience (and these forums) has taught me to be cautious and to get it in writing.  Perhaps it's still early but has anyone noticed that a Verizon moderator has not responded to to this discussion?  We still don't know exactly what the terms are and Verizon isn't telling.

0 Likes
qdemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

My point, exactly.  Do I blindly put my faith in a online offer with no details and no confirmation?  Or am I justified in being skeptical when no one at Verizon seems wiling to clear this up or even be on the same page?  What would you do?

0 Likes
Not applicable

The 700 minute plan with unlimited texting and no data for basic phones has been available since February. It's not going anywhere.

0 Likes
qdemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really?  How can you guarantee that when Verizon won't?  If it's all the same to you, I'd rather iron out the details before I sign a legally-binding contract.  How many posts have you read where the writer is complaining about a contract issue after the fact?  If Verizon isn't forthcoming, I guess I'll have to move on when the time comes.  Just business.  Nothing personal about it.  Loyalty is a dying concept, apparently.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Most of the time those contract disputes are on the basis they didn't look at their receipts. They choose to do it online and not print documentation.  If they went into store everything is on the long receipts customers get.  Sometimes people don't understand and the reps answer correctly, but the person doesn't understand until after the fact.

I remember one time this guy walked to a T-Mobile store the person was explaining their EIP.  I understood it, but the guy didn't. Couple hours later he was back in the store livid...

Honestly do it in store and have the receipts that's in writing.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh loyalty isn't a dying concept. Loyalty is a marketing tool. Always has been and always will be.

0 Likes
Not applicable

qdemon wrote:

Really?  How can you guarantee that when Verizon won't? 

Well technically you can't guarantee Verizon or any carrier will keep ANY plan for ANY length of time so you might as well not have service with anyone. It's available NOW. So you go ahead and get it. If they take it away then you can leave and get service elsewhere. Simple.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon by their contract and by contract law they have to give you something equal or greater value for the contract to still be in effect. If they give you something less than that you can leave without a termination fee.  Keep in mind as long as you are under contract you are protected. Upgrades are not under contracts. Upgrading gives you new contract and new terms and no guarantee on future upgrade.

0 Likes