Bad signal, slow data connection
Bvicars
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently live in Dallas Texas in the ZIP Code 75224. This is Oak Cliff area not very far fromDowntown and I am only getting one bar to two bars at most. I have had an iPhone 11 for about 3 months since I switched to Verizon. I have turned off my LTE and that will maybe make it where I get two bars all the time instead of one so that doesn’t help. The map shows that there is two towers not very far for me. I live in a big city very close to downtown so I shouldn’t have this problem. And it is not just my phone because my boyfriends phone is like that as well as couple other people who have came to my house had no service. It’s not from being inside my house either Because I have gone outside and checked it. I have also called in and been told to reset network settings and this did not help at all. Also everything is updated, software is up-to-date and I have tried resetting the phone. What is going on? I have to take classes and work from home and I can not have this issue. I recently switched from ATT because I thought surely Verizon would be better service. And I was wrong. Help?!!

0 Likes
Re: Bad signal, slow data connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your service concerns are important. We don't want you to feel disappointed with switching to VZW. Let's  gather more details and work towards a solution. You've provided a lot of helpful information. You mentioned that you switched over 3 months ago. How long have you been dealing with a lack of service? How far do you have to travel away from the problem location before service improved? 

0 Likes
typ1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

what was the resolution to this?

i work in the same area and its extremely pathetic Verizon as a cell service provider can do nothing more than "reset your iphone remove the sim card" blah blah blah blah blah.

for the millionth time (as your CS reps seem to be completely brain dead and dont know how to trouble shoot issues other than the pre-written script they go off of ) ITS NOT THE PHONE ITS THE VERIZON CELL TOWERS.

if it isnt fixed by the time my contract expires, which is in 2 months, i will be leaving verizon like everyone else because as a company, verizon refuses to do anything right or correct this issue.

thanks.

typ1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

yeah man if you havent jumped ship yet, you should.

verizon terrible. period.

we pay for a service we dont even get to use and nobody at vErIzOn seems to have any inclination to do their jobs other than "reset your phone!"

its really pathetic.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes