Bad reception and constant dropped calls - what is going on?
xmastoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within the last few months the phone service has deteriorated badly.  I NEVER used to experience dropped calls.  Now, every time I use my phone the call is dropped at least once.  Where I used to show several bars, now there is often one or none.  Instead of seeing 4G I often see 1x.  There is feedback and interference when on phone calls.  I selected Verizon many years ago because of their superior coverage and excellent reception.  I don't know what has changed!  It is very frustrating and I am almost to the point of switching to a low-cost carrier - at least I would understand why my reception was bad.  Zip code 98642 but very close to zip code 98604.

Labels (1)
Re: Bad reception and constant dropped calls - what is going on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xmastoo, 

We want you to have the best experience possible. No one likes dropped calls, so let's take a closer look into this. You mentioned that you didn't have these issues previously, and that it has been happening in the last few months. Have there been any changes in the area in this time frame? Are you aware of other VZW customers having the same issue? 

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xmastoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes in the area of which I am aware.  My boyfriend has the same problem, especially at his home. He has been experiencing dropped calls at or near his home for years.  I went into a Verizon store yesterday and they swapped out my SIM card, stating that sometimes SIM cards become degraded and don't pick up signals as well.  Since then my phone has displayed 4G most of the time where previously it was often displaying 1x.  I made only one call so far today and it dropped, but it was to him so I'm not sure whose phone was responsible.  He swapped his SIM card after that, but in spite of that a call he was on dropped as he neared his home.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, xmastoo. We want nothing more than to get to the bottom of this and keep you connected. Review of that area shows no reported network events. To ensure we have all the facts, we have a few more questions. We understand the issue with calls. To confirm, how are your other services? (text and data) While outdoors in that area, does your phone also drop calls when you call other people aside from your boyfriend? What are the make/models of your phones? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

xmastoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my phone drops calls to others when I'm outdoors. Phones are LG G2. Texts are sometimes very slow - both inside and outdoors - phone often just says "sending" for many minutes - even when no attachments are being sent. The data was often only 1x instead of G4 (mainly when in my house). Phone seems to be working better since getting the new SIM card. These were expensive Verizon phones - do smartphones wear out after a few years? Thank you.

0 Likes
Tellio2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same experience. every day while I am at work I cant use my phone at all all my calls get dropped.

I have noticed about the same time my calls get dropped Comcast offers new service. I understand that they use the Verizon system and evidently this must be a simple addition subtraction problem. all the additional usage at the tower I need is causing some type of overload. it never happened before 

0 Likes
GonnaSwitchSoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here in Los Angeles. I used to have LTE all day long. Now I can't use any app that requires data. Bad, Bad voice quality, calls are dropping all the time. I've browsed the forums and for the last several months all over the country it's the same issue and Customer Service is responding with canned responses... "We know how important your service is... The last thing we want.... blah blah blah..."  This is a nationwide issue that's been going on for months and we're all saying the same thing: Service used to rock, SUDDENLY it started to suck and it sucks everywhere. No one at Verizon is owning up, and this isn't getting better. Obviously Verizon changed something up that had a negative global effect on voice and data transmission. Techs respond the way they would to any normal isolated incident trying to determine if the issue is with your phone, the structure of your building, etc. It's not any of those things because the service sucks everywhere unless we're on wifi. This looks like a nationwide, global systemic issue and either Verizon isn't looking for the root cause, or they know the root cause and aren't sharing. Who knows whether it will ever get fixed.... This weekend I'm going to look at other carriers. I've been with Verizon for about ten years but I really want out.

ReconCajun
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have a Galaxy S9 and my wife has a Casio Flip. Most calls sent or received are lucky to get over a minute or two before they are dropped. What's going on, Verizon? This has been happening for weeks. Just get it fixed and PAAALEESE don't give us the run-around. Just be honest. (Unique concept !) 

0 Likes
Tscharlat

I have been experiencing the same thing - dropped 6 calls today - says "No Network Available"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry to hear that you're experiencing complications with your service, Tscharlat. When did this problem begin happening for you? What ZIP code are you in? EricW_VZW

0 Likes