Bad customer service
hangupagain

Let me list the ways in which Verizon Wireless gave me poor customer service today:

(1)  First of all, they have no customer feedback e-mail.  I was told if I want to give the company my feedback, I would need to do it on this "community forum" or type up a letter and then mail it to a P.O. box.  Certainly indicates to me they are not that interested in hearing what their customers have to say.

(2)  I set up autopay and had the confirmation, but for some reason it didn't start in the month it said it would.  I have set it up again, so I am hoping it will work this tme.

(3) In calling customer service today, my call was dropped twice!!  So that means I had to go through the whole rigamarole to speak to a person 3 times.  The first person I talked with said I could get a $25 discount on 2 lines per month for a total of $50.   Then the line dropped.  I waited for her to call me back since she obviously had my number, but nope!   On the second call, this rep said I could get a $15 discount on 2 lines for a total of $30; then when I said this was different than what I was just told and would like to speak to a manager, she transferred me only to have the line drop (AGAIN) after I was on hold for a little while.  The 3rd time, I got the same $30 off per month plus some information about how to separate one phone line off my current bill and discontinue my plan.

(4) I got an automated call asking me to rate my experience on the phone.  The last question was an option to express an opinion as to why you weren't happy with your service in the customer service call.  I tried telling them twice, but apparently after 20 or 30 seconds your time is up and the "robot voice" just starts in again with the same question.  Why don't they tell you before you start talking that you must finish speaking within 30 seconds, and then if you do go over, why don't they just truncate your comments and let you know that your time is up, rather than just looping back asking you to give your feedback again.

(5) Now in trying to give my feedback in this community forum, it won't even "publish" because I don't have a "place."   Yes, they certainly make it easy to give them feedback!

Now why do I not like Verizon Wireless?

(1) Main reason:  too expensive.  The only reason I have stayed with them is because my two teen-agers (now out of teen years) wanted me to stay with them and I didn't have the motivation & time to check out other plans.  But basically, I feel the amount of money I pay for cell phone service is a major rip-off.

(2) Hate their contracts.  It is so customer non-friendly to be locked into a contract for phone service.  No other utility requires a contract.  To me, getting phone service is a utility, just like electricity, gas, water, trash, etc.  So it is very annoying that they lock you in to a contract with penalties for leaving, etc.

(3) Very uneven customer service.  In the years that I have had them, sometimes I have gotten very good customer service, and then sometimes, like today, I had a very bad experience that ended up wasting a lot of my time.

(4) Just about every single company has these awful voice mail systems with various menus.  Since most people - like me - absolutely hate calling them and only do so when they can't find the info online, why don't they right off the bat give you an option to talk to a person?   I hate the rigamarole you have to go through to talk to a customer service rep:  pushing buttons, entering your acct number, maybe the last 4 digits of your son, etc. etc. etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad customer service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the new "Verizon Plans" there are no contracts as an option. You can either purchase the phone at full retail price or use the Device Payment Plan to spread the payments of the phone out over 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Bad customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a poor customer service experience is never acceptable, hangupagain. We want to ensure that your feedback is lifted up, and also explore ways to save money on your bill. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message so we can better assist.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes