Bad Service After the Hurricane at our property
kristiebyrd

We live in SETX and before Hurricane Harvey hit we had amazing cell phone service in our area. Since the Hurricane our service has never been the same. We hardly get any service where we live. We own 800 acres and are willing to have a cell phone tower put on our property just to get service back. We do not have access to Wi-Fi where we live so we use our cell phones for everything and a booster would not help. Verizon, do you have any other advice before we check into other retailers?  There really isn’t a point to pay all this money for smart phones if they don’t work. 

Thank You for any help you can provide. 

0 Likes
Re: Bad Service After the Hurricane at our property
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kristiebyrd,

Our customers are the eyes and ears of our network. I regret that you have any service issues at home, and I definitely don't want you to even consider leaving us. I'm eager to assist you today. Tell me, what services are affected (voice, messaging, data)? Can you provide a zip code and two cross streets for this location? 

In addition, Verizon Wireless receives thousands of inquiries each year from property owners, managers and customers who offer property on which our communications facilities can be located. You are able to submit a Real Estate Inquiry Form by following the steps at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/biz/real-estate-inquiries/ Once you click the link, please click the "Get The Form" link at the bottom of the page. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Bad Service After the Hurricane at our property
boringusername
Master - Level 1

My guess is the towers near you were damaged and probably had CDMA equipment and that equipment wasn't replaced. As far as putting atower on your property that won't happen unless it can serve more than just you. And also there still has to be approval by the local authorities. Honestly you are looking at 2 years minimum before a new tower on your property would be functional

0 Likes