Bad Customer Service
Reagansnana

My husband and I were in your store located at 9431 Katy Freeway yesterday to activate a new phone and iPad mini. The experience was unpleasant and not very helpful. A prior visit when the items were ordered was not much better so this isn't an isolated incident. We walked in and were greeted by a manager (who I unfortunately remembered from the prior visit). She asked what we needed then told us to wait. So we sit down and wait a while. She finally glanced our direction and admonished we needed to be patient. We were! And hadn't complained! Then she calls a rep over to help us, and we get started. The rep gave the impression he was begrudgingly helping us. Nothing was explained to us without us asking, and even then answers were minimal. We have a large acct with Verizon. Also, this is our first iPad mini so we could have used some guidance but none was given. As for the phone we were activating and migrating an old phone over to...the store's wifi wasn't adequate he said and told me to do the migration on my home wifi. He assured it was simple and that he had already activated the phone. I find it weird that a phone store can't get a strong enough wifi signal to service their customers but whatever. Meanwhile the manager is strutting around the store reminiscent of a bouncer. We were surprised at one point to hear her in front of the store calling out a customer telling him rather loudly to be quiet, etc. I've no idea the issue so it may have been justified. Certainly didn't seen very professional though. Eventually we were told we were done. Had to remind the rep we wanted to buy some accessories so he hurriedly grabbed a charger, collected payment, and walked off. My husband and I left, not having learned too much of anything helpful while we were there. Ironically barely reached our car before the manager and rep who helped us were outside having a smoke. Maybe that is why they were so impatient and hurried. I did do the needed migration at home and it went smoothly, but then the iphone kept saying it had no service and to call customer service. I did, was on hold a while, then finally was helped by a nice agent who explained the phone just hadn't been activated. Thankfully she corrected it immediately. I am sure there are some good people working in this store but the manager's overall aggressive demeanor is not for me. We will be doing business at another Verizon store from now on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad Customer Service
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain.  We have two VZW company stores (not retailers) near us.  One is excellent, knows their phones and is pleasant.  The other is terrible, often does not know what to do.  Guess which one I no longer go to.  I had a problem with a new phone and went to one store.  Some kid fiddled with the phone and handed it back to me.  I said, "You can either show me how you fixed it, or every time it fails, I will be back here to have you fix it."  That changed his attitude and he showed me how to fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Customer Service
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too. I'm afraid the once vaunted VZ customer service is a thing of the past Needed a sim card for my new phone, went to my VZ corporate store in Birmingham. Took the tech1/2 hr to program my phone. he ended up  using the settings for the  Ipad I had on the account  on my phone. Ended up spending another 1/2 hr with VZ on the phone to fix after I returned home