Backup Assistant - Only Business email field syncs with device?
jimbl75

I'm using Backup Assistant to backup my contacts. My device is a Blackberry Curve 8330. The problem is the only email field in the Backup Assistant on the web that syncs with my device is the "Business" email field. If I have a contact with more than one email address, for instance personal and business, only their business email address will sync to my Blackberry. I have a lot of contacts with more that one email, so being limited to backing up just one email is rather frustrating. Also, I have a lot of contacts with just one email and it is a personal email, but if I want it to sync at all I have to make it a Business email on the web Backup Assistant page.

This appears to just be a bug, with no known fixes that I've been able to find. Maybe someone here can shed some light on the issue.

Thank you,

Jim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - Only Business email field syncs with device?
jimbl75

Someone from Verizon called my phone and left a voicemail. They explained the situation. It isn't an issue or bug, it's more that the backup assistant was built for more basic phones. Plus my blackberry supports multiple email fields, but they are just email fields, not labeled "Business", "Personal", etc. I appreciate the call and explanation. Thank you.

Jim

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

there are other options then backupassistant

1. sync to your pc

2. sync to gmail

3. ms myphone (for winmo only i think)

4. funambol

i use myphone, but you can check on the others

0 Likes
jimbl75

Yeah I was already backing up to my PC, but then the Backup Assistant showed up on my Blackberry home screen so I tried it. I liked the idea of "set it and forget it". I was using Skydeck previously with no complaints, will probably go back to that.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes