Backup Assistand backs up ALL photos every night.
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have backup assistant set to back up my photos and contacts every night - I want it to do that.  But, it backs up ALL photos and contacts every night instead of just doing an incremental backup of what's new or deleted.  How can I change it to just do the incremental backup?  It tends to run for hours and when I look at my data usage its WAY up there.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Backup Assistand backs up ALL photos every night.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mnjclark,

Let's look into this! Please advise, what is causing you to belive the device is backing up all photos?
An automatic backup will only occur if there have been changes to your device since your last backup.Have you confirmed your data usage by dialing #DATA?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's causing me to believe that all photos are backed up every day is that each morning it gives me the info regarding the backup.  I can't recall the specific wording, but it gives something to the effect of:  Data Backup Complete - (450) success, (3) failed.  Sometimes they are all a success and no failure, sometimes I get many failures.  If I go online and look at the media that was/wasn't backed up - when it was successful, whatever is on my phone is also on the online storage.  When it's not successful some of the photos are missing from online storage.

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, when I look at my data usage chart by time of day....  things that are causing data usage in the middle of the night have to be related to data backup because I'm asleep - it's not like I'm using the web, checking FB or streaming a video....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mnjclark, seeing it is believing it. Backup Assistance is set to back up according to the frequency that you've chosen. For example, if you selected the option to back up every afternoon, your device will back up every afternoon as desgnated. For more information regarding Backup Assistant, click http://vz.to/WNJMeV

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand the frequency - yes, I set it that way.  My dissatisfaction is with it backing up ALL photos every backup instead of just what has changed.  I can go several days without taking photos, yet it still backs up ALL photos every night.  It used to do an incremental backup about 2 years ago - then all of a sudden something changed and now it does this.  Is there some way that I can set it to ONLY back up what has changed?

The verizon wireless customer support person (AyaniB_VZW) above says that it should only back up what changes.  Now you are saying something different - which is it?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mnjclark,

Let's look into this! Which device do you have? Please clarify, are you utilizing Backup Assistant or BackUp assistant Plus?

Thanks for your contribution,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Backup Assistant Plus.  HTC Rezound. 

Just to test, I deleted ALL my photos off of the Backup Assistant Plus website,  Deleted ALL my photos off my phone.  Then took a few new photos and ran a manual backup.  They backed up just fine. That was all yesterday.  Then, this morning, I had the message saying they were all backed up again.  When I look on the website - there they all are with today's date on them even though they were originally backed up yesterday.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you tried using Google as alternative to  B.U.A. You might give a try I have all my stuff threw Google, have for the past 3 years with very little troubles..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a tad paranoid about hanging stuff out there on my google profile, but there are ways to lock it down and I spoze it could work.