Re: BOGO add line question
mama23dogs
Legend

@m10rocko wrote:

I am intrested in the BOGO deal but do not want to loose my phone number. If I switch to ATT I can get the same deal a little cheaper phone service and keep my phone number is there anyway to do this with verizon?

The deals are to steal customers, add business and make a profit off us, not to save us money.  You can switch to AT&T for their deal, or lose a number.  Either way your tied to a carrierfor 24 months to get all credits.  And, you lose your current plan, which may be cheaper than the current available plans.  

Think hard and do the math.  It may be cheaper to buy the phones than lose an old plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello m10rocko,

I know how important it is to get a new phone at a great price. You have been very valuable to us and we would be devastated to see you go. We have different promotions come and go all the time. Sometimes, they require a new line of service to receive the discount. Other times, they only require a line to be eligible for an upgrade. Which phones were you interested in purchasing?

ChristopherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
istaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for that follow-up...I was prepared to call them tomorrow.  You saved me the stress of their answer.

0 Likes
katef
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is not taking care of long term customers with these deals.  I currently have 6 lines, and I wanted to buy new Iphone XS and get the deal on the X for another line.  I cannot do that without committing to a new phone line for 24 months (that I do not need) or losing one of the long time phone mumbers.  It is just teriible cusotomer service that I cannot use an upgrade deal on my current multiple line service.  I am looking at the other carriers now that will give me NEW phones, top on the line, AND let me keep my numbers.  I am unhappy...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how exciting it is to get a new phone, katef, and I would be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. While our current 'Buy One, Get One promotion requires the addition of at least one line, there may be some exclusive offers on your account. I would love the opportunity to review your account. What is a good time and mobile number you can be reached at?

GregL_VZW

0 Likes
michaelpeterson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree Verizon is not taking care of long term customers with these deals.  I have 4 unlmited data lines, and I want to upgrade all 4 phones to iPhone XR.  Verizon offers BOGO but only if you add a line.  I don't need a new line.  I can switch to AT&T, keep my phone numbers, and and get $800 in Costco gift cards ($200 for each line).  I hope someone from Verizon will look show me a way to fix this, or you will be losing 4 customers that have been with you for quite a few years.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello michaelpeterson! We know that getting the best promotions it's vital, and we are sad to read that you're thinking on leaving us. We value your loyalty all these years, and we would love to find the best way to help you. Please provide us with the best contact number and time to reach you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Hotsebas6666
Enthusiast - Level 1

My experience with Verizon unfortunately had been very challenging to say the least.

i tried everything and spoke to more than 5 people in different calls to customer service and still have no success in getting what I was offered. 

The situation should be simple to fix: I had bought 4 devices with BOGO (so 2 are supposed to be free with my 2 new line of service). I then ported during the same time my old 2 numbers from Verizon in the 2 new devices. So bottom line I had 2 devices with 2 old numbers and 2 devices with 2 new lines of service.

I was told beforehand that this is qualifying for the BOGO but then I never received the device credit and is now 7 installment payments which I had to pay every month.

please help , I called today and a form was submitted to authorize my line to get the promo. 

This message is a follow up of my phone call as I tried calling 5 times before in the last 3 months with no results 

0 Likes
ricksbk

You nailed it.  I just wasted an hour with customer support in reference to their response here and was effectively told to go elsewhere and there's no way they'd offer me the discount even if I did go to another carrier and return to Verizon.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your time and your loyalty, and we do not want you to feel this way. It's our priority that we clarify all your concerns regarding our promotions so that we can turn these feelings around. We've sent you a Private Message so that we can continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes