Automatic Blocking of Calls Identified as SPAM
Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just signed up for the Caller Name ID service to help me identify who's calling me. I get between 20 and 30 robocalls a day. I own a business and I have to answer the phone. Potential customers in my industry don't leave messages, they just move on to competitors until they get a person on the line so I must answer rather than risk losing business by sending to VM. So now that I have Caller Name ID, I can see callers that are identified as SPAM--yay!

So, is there a way to send those calls directly to VM (or simply block outright) rather than have them ring through just like a regular call? Isn't that kind of the point, to weed these calls out and prevent them from getting through in the first place? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that allows you to automatically block any call that has already been identified as SPAM?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Automatic Blocking of Calls Identified as SPAM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shandycat

We're relieved to hear that the Caller Name ID feature is working for you. I apologize. There's no option to automatically forward those calls to Voicemail. However, have you added your phone number to the National Do Not Call Registry? 

https://www.donotcall.gov/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've been on the Do Not Call registry for at least 10 years. As anyone who is on that list can tell you, it's worthless. There are simply too many calls and numbers to keep up with.  It really would be nice if we could choose what to do with known SPAM calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear you've added your number to the Do Not Call Registry, Shandycat. I understand you have multiple numbers calling your device. These unwanted calls can be reported to the registry here: http://bit.ly/2vP7KK3 . You mentioned that you are seeing too many numbers to keep up with. Are you receiving calls from the same number at all? If so, your phone may have the ability to send these calls right to voicemail. What model phone are you using?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes