At what point can I break my contract because Verizon won't honor trade in?
bgilb

I traded my Samsung Galaxy S8+ in for a Galaxy Note 10+ 5G on 10/29/2019 when I decided to switch to Verizon. They had a special for $300 off the price and a trade in credit of $550 for my previous phone that they received and confirmed said trade in on 11/11/2019. After multiple months of chats and calls I finally received the $12.50 a month from the $300 off last month in February 2020. They have yet to honor the $550 trade in credits and we are in month 5 going on 6 months. I've called and chatted about 20x regarding this only to get some run around and to hear you'll see this trade in credit next bill. I woke up this morning to see my next bill again has no trade in credits.

At what point does Verizon's unwillingness to honor their agreement void a contract? I've wasted far too much time listening to a representative tell me 'next bill you will see credits' to then get my next bill and see they have apparently scammed me out of my previous phone that was in perfect condition and functioning. I guess my next step is to not pay my bill until they honor their agreement but that will just lead to me losing service and them ruining my credit score. At this point 6 months of trade in credit at $22.91 would make my bill almost $0 with $137.50 in credits they refuse to honor.  Typical corporation taking advantage of a consumer.

0 Likes
Re: At what point can I break my contract because Verizon won't honor trade in?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bgilb,

We thank you for joining us and bringing this to our attention. Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and services with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way. Hearing that you've had this experience with us since joining is very concerning and we want to address this for you right away. To confirm, what type of device did you trade-in from your previous carrier?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
bgilb

Samsung Galaxy S8+. Was confirmed on 11/9/2019. Can supply device ID and submission ID if needed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bgilb, we do want to help make sure that we can look over this in the best way possible. Please send us a Private Note for better assistance. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
bgilb

Can't send private. Get the message below despite never sending a message.

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

0 Likes