Are you you satisfied with Home Phone Connect?
agunat

I am considering getting Verizon's Home Phone Connect.  I would like people's opinion if they are satisfied with it and recommend it to others.  How's the performance?  Any unusual taxes or extra fees involeved?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you you satisfied with Home Phone Connect?
rcschnoor
Legend

I have had Home Phone Connect for almost a year now. I have it with the $9.99 add a line with shared minutes on my Family Plan. I have not had 1 single problem with it. With taxes/fees, it comes out to $14.36/month. Your taxes/fees may be different. You can also put it on an unlimited calling plan for $19.99/month + taxes/fees. Whichever better suits you needs.

Depending on the cellular reception you get at your home, this may or may not be a good solution for you. Using my old cordless phones connected to the Home Phone Connect, I do not see any difference from the service I had prior. It is not compatible with fax machines, I believe.

0 Likes
Lougib

I purchased a home phone connect in April of this year with the big "Of course you can use your fax with the home phone connect" GOD I hate being lied to!! I thought my old fax machine was broken because it didn't work, purchased a new one, still didn't work. Customer support a fax does NOT with this system. Now I have 2 fax machines,  both are useless for me now, and a 2 year contract for this piece of s***!! Am I upset!! Our phone contracts end soon,and we will not renew. LIE to me once you may get by, but not s second time, especially costing me so much money!!

0 Likes
Baseballdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've had Home Phone Connect for about 4 months and have had no problems.  I read all of the literature beforehand and knew that it would not work with fax machines, alarm systems, etc.  We have good cell reception at our house and so far the service has been just as good as our old landline service.  As a bonus you can take it with you on trips if you want and basically take your home phone with you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Lougib wrote:

I purchased a home phone connect in April of this year with the big "Of course you can use your fax with the home phone connect" GOD I hate being lied to!! I thought my old fax machine was broken because it didn't work, purchased a new one, still didn't work. Customer support a fax does NOT with this system. Now I have 2 fax machines,  both are useless for me now, and a 2 year contract for this piece of s***!! Am I upset!! Our phone contracts end soon,and we will not renew. LIE to me once you may get by, but not s second time, especially costing me so much money!!

Did you do ANY research at all about this product.

From the product description on the Verizon website:

"Device Incompatibilities

NOTE: Home Phone Connect is not compatible with home security systems, fax machines, DVR services, credit card machines, or medical alert services (e.g. Life Alert). HSI/DSL may or may not be available; please contact your service provider to determine if this product is available as a standalone offering."

I did not add the red highlighting, that is how it is displayed on the Verizon website! I have had Home Phone Connect for over a year now and have not had any problems. I kept a landline for use with my fax machine because with the minimal research I had done on the product, I was aware that fax machines were not compatible.

Edit: I also purchased the Home Phone Connect without a contract as I did not think paying a $175 ETF would be acceptable if I did not like the device when I was only receiving a $130 product in the first place. I just payed the $130 and will use this line to upgrade a smartphone where I get a ~$400 incentive if I need it. Then I would consider signing a contract.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I have faxed 2 times and both times it worked.  Now that vzw has added name caller id i am happy camper.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lougib!  Being lied to is unacceptable and I’d like to try and restore your confidence in our service.  I’d hate to see you leave!  As rcschnoor mentioned, the Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect does not support incoming or outgoing fax service.  Also, keep in mind the purchase of this device comes with a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee Exchange policy.  Again, I don’t want you to leave over this.  Were you able to return one of the fax machines?  Thanks for being a part of the Verizon Wireless family!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lougib

Thank you for at least acknowledging my complaint and not calling me a lier in the process. Yes, I was able to return my purchase,as well as paying $40.00 for all the papers I needed faxed.

Since I have a 2yr. contract, and I can't afford to pay for another phone service, I'll have no choice but to continue this kind of wasteful spending for a while. I realize I had a 14 day worry free guarantee return policy, but was nieve enough to take the man at his word and did not come home and a trial run. Therefore, the trial period was up when I needed the use of my fax. As I said, the only question I asked was if the home service allowed me to use my fax and was told ‘absolutely yes.’ When I confronted him he said that he would never have said that, I must be mistaken. One question? I must be mistaken? REALLY!!

We have been loyal costumers for a few years now and use your services quite a bit, however one dishonest store can cost you business as this one has. Our phone contracts will be up in December at which time we will change companies. Service on my tablet has longer, but that will also be discontinued when the contract is up, as will be the same with the home phone.

Perhaps another company will give me more reliable answers to my questions and not try to con me into buying their products. Of course, I assume he did make a commission from this sale. Forgive me if I'm a little upset, and yes, we advertise.

Lougib

0 Likes
Lougib

I tried numerous times and failed. I was told by support that it would not send a fax. I'm really glad it worked for you.

0 Likes
Lougib

MY BAD. I didn't do my usual research, like an idiot I relied of my provider. O WILL I NEVER LEARN!!

0 Likes