Are you tired of this greedy company
MikeCarter57

I think Verizon is going to eventually kill the horse they rode in on.  The fact that they nickle and dime you to death will catch up with them.

I recently got close to my text max at 250 texts.  I called to see what to do about it  Well I was informed that if I went to 1000 text service I could not go back to the 250 plan  for 5 dollars.  There are 3 phones on my account with data,text and insurance. My bill per month is already outrageous.  this additional $5.00 charge is the straw that broke the camels back.  I now officially hate Verizon and when I get close to the end of my contract in the next few months I will go to another company and NOT come back.  I realize they could care less and I am a little fish in a big pond but I can't be the only one.

There will be more competion soon from T- mobil and sprint due to mergers.  Maybe even a new company.  People like myself will not forget how Verizon has treated us in the future.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you tired of this greedy company
Not applicable

The cost of texting is set by the individual providers. some include the cost in the plan, others charge separately for it.

So you get upset over the five dollars and want to leave. well lets see. You go to Sprint or T-Mobile you pay for all new phones

no subsidy so what was it 3 lines at $600 is $1800.00 plus tax. 3 activation fees lets say at the highest $38 is $117

now say 3 unlimited plans will be another $250 so it will cost you $2190.00

but no contracts and you have not better coverage but less. The network is verizon for now. in about 4-5 years who knows.

Do a deed in haste repent at leisure

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

I get why you're annoyed but you're getting 4x as much texting for only twice the price, sounds like a good deal to me.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you "recently got close" to your 250-text limit.  Even if you'd gone over, overages are only charged at 10 cents each text.  So unless you were over by more than 51 texts and go over often, it may make more sense to keep the text plan you have and just pay the overages.

Not applicable

No, I just get tired of post complaining about changes to Verizon terms and conditions.  Things change over time.  It's now 2013.  It's no longer 2000.  Prices tend to go up from time to time.

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Ok the whole merger thing was tried once before and it didn't happen, so that puts the hex on that idea. A new company in this market is also highly unlikely since the existing ones are having a difficult enough time competing with verizon wireless. Features and options come and go in this business like any other based on a number of different things. The change in plan for text  messaging packages was largely due to customer demand. You didn't have to go with that plan, you were given an option so there isn't a need to throw a hissy fit when nobody was holding a gun to your head and forcing you to change. Besides, 5 more dollars to quadruple your text usage? Seems like a decent deal.

Not applicable

You can unlimited texting on all 3 liens for $30 a month. That's pretty good deal. You're paying what $15 for each phone to have 250 each?

Also keep thinking t-mobile is somehow going to be competition. They are merging with MetroPCS which basically is in the same big cities T-mobile is already in. Sounds like LESS competition to me. This merger does NOTHING to help t-mobile expand to the 1/3 of the US they currently ignore. And as long as T-Mobile and Sprint are just going to hand over 1/3 of the US to at&t and Verizon those 2 have nothing to fear from T-mobile and Sprint.

0 Likes
treatwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a customer of this company before it was Verizon..going on exactly 20 years nows...as a business oriented, professional individual I am astonished at the change in Verizon's customer service.  It is so disappointing to be personally observing the way they treat customers, and I am now one of them.  I see that they have taken the stance that no other wireless has their coverage, so I guess they assume they do not have to be "customer friendly".  Well I am just waiting to read about a class action lawsuit soon.  They have lied to me over the phone, taken my money when I did not owe for the amount and now are trying to take even more all while saying things such as "well, that is just how it is", well what do you expect us to do?", and more that you would not believe.  So saddening to watch as a company that I really respected and was very loyal to change so drastically.  I really hope something changes.  Of course they have me under a contract for several phones, so I cannot leave for a while and I have to pay what is charged.  Very unprofessional and unethical Verizon.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

How exactly are they being unprofessional and unethical, just because someone doesn't like that there's no unlimited data or they provide the best coverage and charge higher for service doesn't make them unethical.  They're not the bully stealing your lunch money, you signed up for something, you pay for it. 

Class action lawsuit for what, they are worth like $95 billion dollars, I'm sure they have buildings full of lawyers just waiting for people to take them to small claims court. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can pay the ETF and leave anytime you want.