Are you required to get a new phone with the edge plan, or could I bring in an old smartphone and add it to edge without having to pay the monthly fee for a new phone?
Normalcy

My family is going to be upgrading our contract here soon, but we don't want to do the edge plan yet.  We were wondering if it would be possible to, after our new 2 year contract is up, to switch to the edge plan and bring over our smartphones instead of getting new ones and paying the monthly "lease" on them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are you required to get a new phone with the edge plan, or could I bring in an old smartphone and add it to edge without having to pay the monthly fee for a new phone?
Not applicable

The Edge plan is a payment plan. Why would you want to continue to pay for phones that are paid off? I think what you are wanting is the Month2Month discount. When your contract is up log into My Verizon then Change Features and activate the month2month discount.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Are you required to get a new phone with the edge plan, or could I bring in an old smartphone and add it to edge without having to pay the monthly fee for a new phone?
Not applicable

The Edge plan is a payment plan. Why would you want to continue to pay for phones that are paid off? I think what you are wanting is the Month2Month discount. When your contract is up log into My Verizon then Change Features and activate the month2month discount.

0 Likes