Re: Apple Music Signup Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VoodooMamaJuJu, we certainly want you to be able to use this great feature with us. We are here to help. 

Please tell us how you signed up for that service? We want to make sure you followed the steps online, since it has to be done through us and not Apple directly https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-music-faqs/ 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you as much as possible with your Apple Music concerns, AlexKonig. While you indicate that a credit was issued to your account for 6 months for the Apple Music feature, we still want to resolve your concerns.

You mention that you have the same issue, but we consider each individual issue different. Please share specific details of the issue that you encountered with Apple Music.

Did you follow the steps on number 6 at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-music-faqs/) to sign up?
What specific error did you get?
Did you have an Apple Music subscription with Apple before you signed up for Apple Music with Verizon?

AntonioC_VZW

Mazzy126

I had the same issue with the subscription not validating and I did have a physical SIM.  After going to the Verizon store and getting no help from them, I finally figured it out on my own.  I went to settings and logged out the Apple ID completely, then clicked the applemusic.com/carrier link and it took me to the Apple ID sign in page.  When I tried signing in, it told me that the phone number was associated with a different Apple ID.  So then I remembered that when I first signed up with Verizon I got 3 months free of Apple Music on the same line/number and at the time had a different Apple ID. When I logged in with that first Apple ID it finally worked.

So if the line/phone number you are trying to activate was already associated with a different Apple ID, then it won't let you activate with a new one.  In my case, I remembered the login so it worked, but if someone else had your number previously and used Apple Music, then your number is probably already associated with that Apple ID.

0 Likes
Alan5000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had just changed to Play More to get free Apple Music.  However my iPhone Xr was identified as "device not compatible".  To make a long story short after a 3-way conference call with Apple and Verizon the issue was my phone was never properly authenticated on the Verizon network even though I bought it from Verizon 8 months ago and could make calls just fine.  The solution was to go to a Verizon store, have them replace the SIM card and re-authenticate. After my phone showed eligible and sign-up to Apple Music worked flawlessly!

X5WOTHERSPOON
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue, ever get it resolved?

0 Likes
nomorefudgicles

Hey Verizon/Apple!! How can you people do such a sh**ty job at implementation? The apple music app doesn't correctly invoke the verizon app, and when it does, it says either it can't verify the subscription, or it makes me sign in to the verizon app and then sits at the "entertainment" tab of my device. Get your junk together!!! I switched plans over 2 weeks ago and my wife and I have still not been able to use apple music. WTAF!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating to have issues with trying to sign up with Apple Music and running into problems along the way. Let's see what is going on and work towards a resolution. What specific plan are you on? Do you have any existing Disney+ subscription? Are you trying to use the My Verizon App to sign up? Here's a link with some ideas that go over the details in the questions asked https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/disney-faqs/ and scroll down to "Eligibility and sign up"

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
jonbudge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem on my xs max. I finally was able to fix it by going to settings > cellular plans > primary > turn off this line. Turned it off button. Turned it back on. Then went to Apple Music. Hit joined through Verizon at the bottom and it finally validated. No one at Verizon could help. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
meat42
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. Glad you got it to work. 

I myself have not. I went a similar route. I ordered a brand new SIM card for free and activated that. Did not work. At least for me, I wish someone at Verizon could just delete anything Apple Music on my line. Something is tied to the cell number or another number besides the SIM. 

Works fine with Apple when I pay for it but for some reason will not activate with Verizon. 

The only thing I haven't tried is to change to a plan that does not include Apple Music at all, not even free for 6 months and then switch back to unlimited. Hesitant to do so in case something else gets messed up up. 

Not sure why this is so difficult for Verizon. VERY frustrated. 

0 Likes
scalder3328
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too! My husband is paying for unlimited data on my phone so me, my daughter and son could also have free Apple Music. I am having the same issues as everyone else. Apple tells me it's a Verizon issue. Verizon store folks have no idea what the problem is.  I do not have an esim. However, my physical sim came from my android, I wonder if THATs the problem I have. 

Verizon assures me my phone is signed up for the free Apple Music but Apple shows the complete opposite. So annoying!

0 Likes