Re: Apple Music - Device not compatible error
Salem3671

I am having the same exact issue with one of our phones, Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Worked, then stopped. Same issue, device not compatible. Have worked with numerous reps, called Apple, now working with corporate trying to get the issue fixed. Did you ever have any such luck in getting it fixed or did you just downgrade the plan?

0 Likes
jloandi97

I switched from Sprint to Verizon in late May 2020, porting four lines over.  Two of my lines are enrolled for Apple Music and two have the exact same "device not compatible" message.  I spoke to a Verizon rep for over an hour on June 8th who opened an "IT ticket" because she could not figure it out.  No one called me back, so I spoke to another Verizon rep for several hours on June 21.  After multiple conversations with that rep AND Apple, they were still unsuccessful.  The rep on the 21st opened "AOIS" ticket.  He said he would call me on June 24th with an update, but here we are on July 8th and no one from Verizon has called me back with an update or solution.  I've even texted the rep from the 21st twice and have not so much as gotten an acknowledgment.  

The phones not "compatible" are an iPhone XR and 11 Pro Max.  All of my phones were purchased outright at an Apple Store, and I made sure to load the proper SIM card to each device.  Everything else works.  Very frustrating, HELP!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jloandi97, we are sending you a Privater Note to work with you. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jloandi97. We want to make sure you get the most out of your plan, and you are able to use all the features. Let's access your account. Please confirm your full name. Then, follow the prompt in the message below to verify. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
jloandi97

When I click on the link provided in my email to authenticate myself, it cannot open the page due to too many redirects.  I'm using Safari.

0 Likes
cchristine19

I've been having the same issue since we joined Verizon June 22, 2020. My plan comes with free apple music. I spent 2 hours on the phone Apple Support, an hour on the phone with Verizon support. A few days later called Verizon back, after 2 hours on the phone with Advanced Tech Support, she put in a "ticket", said it would be fixed in 3-5 days. I never got a call or email back. Today is July 9, 2020, and I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Verizon and Apple, come to find out, I have an active Apple ID on a 1st Gen Ipod Touch with an Apple Id that I had when I was 11 years old, 12 YEARS AGO. There is no chance I'm ever going to get into that email so that I can log out of that Apple ID. So basically, they've made it so hard for me to use the free apple music, I'm going to change my Play More plan, to the less expensive one because IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
jloandi97

Courtney, I’m confused by this message. You appear to be asking me to action something, but there is no link to confirm my full name or follow any prompts. Please advise. 

0 Likes
jloandi97

This is still not resolved Verizon, and it seems as if the support folks "helping me" have gone silent.  The links you sent to me to authenticate myself only lead to "page not found" errors, which I have replied back with to silence.  It's now been three months and hours on the phone and online trying to get this resolved.  Verizon, you're costing me real $$ by me having to renew my own Apple Music subscription to get what I've already paid for through your service.  Please get me to someone who can actually help me instead of just sending me fluff community responses saying how much you value me.

0 Likes
vbnnn

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?  I wasted time last night and this morning with Verizon support chat on this issue and have gotten nowhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know your time is valuable and we want to ensure you can use Apple Music without any issues, vbnn. Let's take a closer look into this. What is your current plan? What is the make and model of your phone? Is this happening with all lines or one specific line? 

DanielleR_VZW 

0 Likes