Re: Anyone using a Samsung Strive SGH-A687 on Verizon's GSM? If so, I have more questions, thanks.
RobbedByVerizon2015

Oh, now I get it. The green star Correct Answer is a voting/mark button. Heh.

Everyone is new at something.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone using a Samsung Strive SGH-A687 on Verizon's GSM? If so, I have more questions, thanks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RobbedByVerizon2015,

Once again, I apologize for my confusion. Are you asking us to unlock a phone we do not carry and do not support? If this is the case, we do not have access to the unlock code, if any since you did not purchase the phone from us. You need to contact your carrier for that. Please keep that mind, we cannot support a device we don't carry.

Also, I want to clarify our basic phone models are CDMA not GSM which make them incompatible with our network. This is another reason you will not be able to use it with our network. Does the information provided answer your questions?

Lastly, I apologize we do not have an email address. You need to contact the number provided if you want assistance with your prepaid account. We are only able to support postpay accounts and this is the same reason the automated system does not route the call to our postpaid support team. I trust this clarifies all concerns.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Still asking for something that you have been told cannot be done. What a joke.

0 Likes
RobbedByVerizon2015

Have a nice day.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am having a fabulous day and you can't dismiss me like that.

You were told NUMEROUS times that you could NOT use the device you were asking about. What is the issue?

I think you should move on.

TOS prevents me from saying what I would like to say so...

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
jcoop269
Enthusiast - Level 3

That first sentence isn't actually true, there were a number of Verizon 3G phones that also used SIM cards, just not micro or nano 4G LTE SIMS....hence the reason my iPhone 4s and Blackberry Bold Touch 3G phones also had a Verizon SIM........either way, Mr. RobbedbyVerizon needs to understand that in no way shape or form is Verizon a GSM carrier.  There are a number of new smartphones that are unlocked on the Verizon network that also have GSM bands and will work worldwide(iPhone 5s/6) but that is it.  AND, it is my understanding that if he were to look on eBay, he would have to buy a prepaid Verizon phones as they are not interchangeable.  You cannot use a phone meant for postpaid for prepaid and vice versa so he would need to be searching for a Verizon prepaid device.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

jcoop269 wrote:

That first sentence isn't actually true, there were a number of Verizon 3G phones that also used SIM cards, just not micro or nano 4G LTE SIMS....hence the reason my iPhone 4s and Blackberry Bold Touch 3G phones also had a Verizon SIM........either way, Mr. RobbedbyVerizon needs to understand that in no way shape or form is Verizon a GSM carrier.  There are a number of new smartphones that are unlocked on the Verizon network that also have GSM bands and will work worldwide(iPhone 5s/6) but that is it.  AND, it is my understanding that if he were to look on eBay, he would have to buy a prepaid Verizon phones as they are not interchangeable.  You cannot use a phone meant for postpaid for prepaid and vice versa so he would need to be searching for a Verizon prepaid device.

Just so you have the correct information, your iPhone 4s and Blackberry Bold had SIM cards STRICTLY for travel outside of the United States. These devices could have their SIM cards removed and still operate fully. No 3G device required a SIM to work on VZW's network.

Also, devices are interchangeable from postpaid to prepaid. The limit is the device cannot be active on a postpaid line. Pretty much any postpaid device is eligible to be on a prepaid line. Prepaid devices must have been active on a prepaid line for a minimum of 180 days before being eligible to be activated on a postpaid line.

jcoop269
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's pretend you didnt just google all of that information in order to answer mine....from what I've read, have fun trying to get them to do it...more than half seem to come up unsuccessful.

0 Likes
jcoop269
Enthusiast - Level 3

BUTTTTT, you are correct about the 3G phones...never knew that.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

sprmankalel did not need to google, nor do I.   The low cost prepaid Verizon phones can be used on postpaid service.   The only way it is blocked, is if it is activated on prepaid and does not complete 6 months of paid service.

0 Likes