Anyone else feeling like this is more trouble than it is worth?
paintlvr32

I am currently under the grandfather plan of unlimited data, text with 450 minutes and an employee discount. I have enjoyed the usage of my Droidx for almost 3 years now. It had a good run, but the pinch of an $80 smart phone plan just doesn't seem worth it anymore. To be honest, for me the pricing of cell phone plans is getting out of control. Like everything else it seems, prices have gone up, but per usual, my income has not. Smiley Sad

The share-everything plans look like absolute nightmares and terrible deals, and to switch over would increase my costs by $20 for what I feel is a very bad deal, seeing as I do not use many minutes on my cell phone. Although I take very good care of my phone, I am not naive enough to think that it will last forever. 2GB data plan is hardly what I would call a pot to pee in, especially with e-mail, web, pictures, etc.  I realize the bottom line of the company is to make money, but lately it just seems like all of the hooplah that comes with smartphones is enough to try the patience of any saint. I'm contemplating alternatives, but I am not sure where to start. Perhaps it's time just to go to good old prepaid cell phone, and pretend I never had internet to begin with

I think the turning point for me today was the phone call I received from Verizon regarding my bills. I've never had a late bill in the 16 years I have been with them, but for some reason, my payment for February did not go through.The first words out of this lady's mouth were "I'm _____ from Verizon Wireless, you owe us ___________ how will you be paying your bill today?" Seriously? First time being late, and even though I have e-mail notifications, this is the crap I am greeted with upon answering the phone. No thank you, kiss my rear, nothing? What am I, chopped liver? Lol.

Labels (1)
0 Likes