Anyone else experiencing poor customer service?
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long time verizon customer experiencing major problems with customer service and tech support.  I'm not sure I've ever been treated this poorly by any customer service group.  Am I the only one experiencing problems?  My issue relates to a Samsung Note 3 phone that had problems...here is my timeline.

1)  Nov 24 or 25  phone is freezing in apps.  go to cellular sales store, call verizon while there and go through troubleshooting, tech support agrees phone needs to be replaced under warranty.  told phone would arrive on Nov. 28th.  Recieve email confirmation with order number and tracking the next day.  Phone does not arrive on 28th or on the 29th.  I happened to be visiting the post office on the 29th and ask them to look through unsorted packages for mine.  they find it, I take it home and get it set up.  2)  Replacement phone locks up in sleep mode.  Call tech support and run through troubleshooting.  I am asked to leave phone in safe mode for a while to see if phone still freezes.  It does and I respond to text from tech support that the phone is still locking in sleep mode.  The respond back that they will put in order for replacement for the replacement and they will try to overnight the phone. 3)  Dec 1 Have not recieved email confiming order or tracking information.  I call customer service and am told that they see that the phone was ordered and that it should arrive next day.  4)  Dec 2.  phone does not arrive, nor do I recieve email confirmation or tracking.  I call customer service and am told that it was shipped and that it should arrive on Dec 3, or 4th at the latest.  5)  Dec 3 Phone does not arrive, nor did I recieve email confirmation or tracking.  I call customer service and am transferred to tech support.  I am told that there is no record of a replacement being ordered.  Tech support insists that I go through troubleshooting again, even though I've already spent hours doing this on Saturday.  Tech confirms that the phone needs to be replaced and orders a replacement to be delivered on Dec 5.  I asked why I was told by three different Verizon employees that a replacement had been ordered and was on its way.  No reason given, just he wasn't sure and that he wasn't saying that I was lying.  So, I ended that call and felt like I really didn't have answers as to why the second replacement wasn't ordered, though I was told by three different employees that it was.  Absolutely confused, disappointed, and angry.  I tried verizon chat to engage customer service. They suggested I call and ask for a manager.  I did, while still engaged with chat.  I spoke to someone who told me that the order was flagged and I needed to speak to fraud.  She redirected my call, then I was hung up on.  The gentleman on chat suggested I call in the morning and request a manager.  I called this morning and spoke to customer service, who passed me along to tech support.  Tech support did not have an answer for why 3 people told me a phone was on it's way, just maybe somebody pressed the wrong button or something.  I was told a manager isn't going to tell me anything different, so it wasn't necessary to get a manager.  She confirmed that a phone was scheduled for delivery on 12/5 and that was all she could do.  So, I've been without a functional phone for two weeks and can only hope that a phone is really being delivered tomorrow.  So disappointed.

Labels (1)
Re: Anyone else experiencing poor customer service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paterp95, it sounds like you've been a lot in the last two weeks. On behalf of our leadership team, please accept our deepest apology for this equipment matter. Were you provided with a shipping tracking number yet to check the status of your delivery?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes LasinaH, I did receive a shipping tracking number this afternoon that indicates the phone should be delivered tomorrow afternoon.  But, this doesn't make everything ok.  I've been offered apologies, but not explanations.  No one seems to care that there is possibly something wrong in the whole process, nor do they hesitate to understand.  This is how you lose loyal customers of 15 + years.  If i could switch carriers without penalties of early termination, I would do so tomorrow.

noscemw9

I don't know what to do if I get good customer service anywhere to be honest.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paterp95, thanks for keeping us posted We want you to know that we do appreciate your loyalty and hope that you allow us to restore your faith in us in the future so that we can continue as your wireless provider. Please feel free to reach out to us in this forum to assist you with the activation of that device if you need it.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

LasinaH,  Do you actually believe what you are typing?  If Verizon's actions over the last two weeks are how they show appreciation for loyalty, then I would rather not be appreciated.  Why would you wait for the future to restore my faith in Verizon?  Why not act now?  At this point, I would be a fool to continue with Verizon as my wireless provider beyond what I am contractually obligated to. 

0 Likes
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replacement for the replacement arrived today......and it seems to actually work!  Just need to figure out why I was lied to and hung up on.

Is there some way to officially file a complaint?

0 Likes