Anyone else being throttled?
THE_WORLD_CHAMP_1988

Is anyone else being throttled?

I paid for unlimited 4G LTE service.

I use the service on my phone. I don't use the hotspot feature and I don't stick my SIM in a mobile hotspot device.

I have used maybe 1 GB of data this month.

Yet my average speed is under 1 Mbs. The highest speed I've registered was 15 Mbs at 4:00am.

Ive spent hours on the phone with Verizon and they just play dumb and try to waste as much of my time as possible. They try to divert me to spend more money yet I haven't  even gotten what I already payed for.

Before this I had cricket wireless, and even though their speeds are limited to 8 Mbs max, the service was 8 times better. Even the foreign customer service was terrific compared to what I've experienced so far.

It amazes me that they so blatantly lie about their speeds in their advertisements and their customer service. So far those have been the two worst things.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else being throttled?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I tested my speeds while at the NY International Auto Show on Friday. There were THOUSANDS of people there. I got 43MBPS down. I was connected to an exclusive wifi in the Hyundai owner's lounge (I had to show proof of owning a Hyundai to get in) and only got 3MBPS down.

You should call customer service and report the issue. If you feel that strongly, you might want to consider Cricket again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THE.WORLD.CHAMP.1988- We understand your time is valuable and we are truly sorry of the experience you have had with us. Please allow us to fix this. How long have you experienced slower speeds? Is anyone else in your area having the same service issues? Just to clarify, are you having any issues with your phone calls and text or is it just with data speeds?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THE_WORLD_CHAMP_1988

1.) The speeds have always been throttled.

2.)The average speed in my area is 20 Mbs.

3.)I have a brand new Verizon 4G LTE smartphone.

4.)While in a call, my phone displays 1x but does not transmit any data.

5.)Messaging seems to be working flawlessly, however, at times, there seems

to be minor issues with call quality.

On Apr 17, 2017 2:26 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THE.WORLD.CHAMP.1988- Thank you for providing us with the additional information.  We want to make sure we can go over all the details with you. The average speed range for 4g LTE is between 5-12 Mbps. Your service is operating as it should if it is above that range. How often does your download speeds go below this range? Can you please provide your zip code where this happens? Also, what make and model is your device?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If  my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THE_WORLD_CHAMP_1988

My average LTE speeds after 16 tests between 4/15 and 4/17 has been 5.06

Mbs. Although that is a lot better than I first suggested, I think you can

understand how upsetting it is to see 862 kbs on my most recent test

results.

I'm not sure why, since my cellular data warning setting are turned off,

but I just got a "data usage warning" message on my phone while running a

test.

My device is currently a Moto G4 Play but I've tested the service with a

couple other devices and received similar test results.

Thanks for your time.

On Apr 17, 2017 3:43 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then you may want to switching back if the Verizon service is not working to your expectations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. We want you to enjoy optimal data speeds. When you encounter this issue with your data speeds, does restarting your device help? Have you tried this before? If this does not work, you can try to reset your network settings. This will allow you to get a fresh connection to all of our towers to see if this helps. Here is a link on how to do this, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207291/.

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
THE_WORLD_CHAMP_1988

I've reset network setting restarted the device, factory reset the device

and no nothing works

On Apr 21, 2017 11:26 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

JavierMD,

Please re-read the post by THE.WORLD.CHAMP.1988 located 2 positions above your last reply. T.W.C.1988 mentions that the same results were obtained using multiple devices. This would indicate a problem that is external to the Motorola G4 Play.

0 Likes