Anyone Else Experiencing Terrible LTE Speeds?
SHUABILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello anyone else experiencing terrible LTE speeds in ohio possibly after the unlimited plan came out?

My rant:

We are currently experiencing terrible LTE speeds at zip 44615 with 3 to 4 bars and have all the way back in February-march but  had great service before that.

Our previous speeds were anywhere between 10-15 down mbps and 10-15 up mbps

Our current speeds are anywhere between .30 down mbps and .70-4 up mbps

We were on a 12 gig plan when the initial slow downs started and then a month later we switched to the unlimited plan with the same problem. WE WERE NOT OVER OUR 22GB PER PHONE LIMIT.

We live in a very rural area maybe 200 people in a 10 mile radious and we can see the tower from our window.

The tower is less then 2 miles away.

We spoke with Verizon Tech support  multiple times and they made these statements

1. Probably the leafs on the trees(Explained it was too early for leaves at that time )

2.Must be a football game or a concert going on(explained not at 6 am and not every day and nothing like that around for miles)

Had them send out signal engineers near our home

got a automated message days later  each time stating

" We recognize there is less then optimal lte speeds."

Told them something needed to be done and explained we had great speeds before but got "currently we dont have a solution and dont see one coming in the future"

We did receive a total of 50 dollars in credits after 10 calls but NO SOLUTION.

I

strongly believe it is their Tower or service provider having an issue and also believe they are throttling the whole area to make up for it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Else Experiencing Terrible LTE Speeds?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you used 10 GB of hotspot data on the device seeing the lower speeds?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHUABILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

We only have phones and we were not over the 22gb limit on either devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

But are you using the hotspot feature on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHUABILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

When we first experienced the terrible speeds we were not on the unlimited plan with the per line 10 gb cap and we also were on a 12 gb plan. Also once we moved to the unlimited plan the problem persisted with no performance increases at the beginning of the cycle when only a few gb were used. We have also had people come who are on a completely separate plan/ account and they also noticed the terrible lte performance but also noted it used to be much quicker.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
loki1944
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup, it has gotten much, much worse for my wife and I since February. Sometimes it's so slow that I can barely access my email. I've had entire weeks where I was dropped to 0-200kbps.  At that speed I might as well go with a rural provider.

SHUABILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey are you in the Carrollton Ohio area?

0 Likes