Any body know why my Jet Pack uses almost 1 GB per day?
mikemercer294

VSW techies are not able to explain how I can use almost a gig per day when all i do watch may  3-4 mintures youtube movie per day and then just e-amil and some FAcebook..  All Virus and Spyware checkers are clean .  One outside tech manager for a major network corp oartion says it looks liek I am being billed by a another bad device because even my activity and normal background traffic does not count for 1 GB so frequently...  I l;ike the size and portability but I can lease a BMW of entry Mercedes for the price of 18 GB /month...  You got any idea how much data 18 GB is... jeeezz.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any body know why my Jet Pack uses almost 1 GB per day?
Protestpoorservice

I have experienced the same problem twice in less than 3 weeks. It is like telling someone that a person 200,000 pancakes in a minute or 30 minutes. My data usage is very limited. The burden is placed on the users to prove that they did not. Some of the people do not know the difference between KB, MB and GB. I do.

Verizon does not recognize their problem with the poor quality devices. I have used hotspots for 11 years and never had this type of issues ever or repair issues with other wireless companies. I have used personal and company provided Jet packs and never ever had this problem.

Verizon wants you to prove it twice. The technicians asked to you tens of questions to do this and that. It did not matter and did not help. It was a waste of time. To get a replacement, you find out the true colors. I bought a brand new one in Jan 2013. It failed in Nov and early week of Dec 2013. They do not give you a new one. The warranty is good for 14 days. How do they get away murder like this? I was told 14 days was for store return policy to bring back if it did not work. The Customer service applied to 14 days warranty. Wanted to charge me $299 for a new one. What they send you is a certified one to continue warranty. The one I received had a wrong device label and password. I CRINGE when I have to call Verizon Technical support. I hate to talk to them. I had to go through electronic signature sign up even though it was a replacement. Two technicians line got cut off automatically at the end of 30 minutes. The first one never called be back. The second one was nice enough and called back when the connection was lost. He could not help me so it was escalated to second level. It took almost 1.5 hours to get the mess straight. We do not know if we will have a run away data overload again.

Where is FCC. I feel Verizon is looking at a class action lawsuit. I hope enough people post their problem with the data card  on line. This is one of the weakest services provided by Verizon. It is shameful that they do not want you to go to the store to get a replacement like other wireless companies allow you to do and get a replacement. I called for help in Dec 5, 2013. I got mine fixed a few minutes ago today (12/14/2013). Verizon wants to charge you  for shipping the device. They are not ready to service business customers. What would a business person on the road (travels) would manage to wait for 1 or 2 days shipment and then waste hours with the technical support to fix it. Who has that time. Time is money. Verizon wants to save their money at the expense of the business customers and treat them like numbers and want them to waste time with their technicians. It would be shameful if we discover in the future that they Verizon knew about their bad hardware/software problem and kept on paddling it to customer and then charge more money and waste their time. It is still not too late for Verizon to come clean do what is right for the customers. Verizon is not serious enough to take care of business customers.

0 Likes
Protestpoorservice

I do not use You Tube or video heavy network, devices or Netflix. Simply checking emails. I do not get large data files either.

0 Likes
Protestpoorservice

I close my browsers when I am done and not any applications are running in auto mode in the background.

Verizon has failed to prove what website or application that I use is using up the 1GB in few minutes. It is not fair to put this burden on the customer to prove it that they did not. How do I know your device is safe and working right? What is your responsibility as a company?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you turn off the device when you don't use it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Protestpoorservice,

We want you to love and enjoy your data services with us. It will be my pleasure to assist with your data usage. Let's start with what jet pack are you using? Also, what zip code are you in? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on your device? As you share the details then we can investigate and confirm the validity of the usage. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes