Another poor signal question
taylorh9

Yes, another complaint about signal.

I'm mostly very pleased with Verizon service.  I've had AT&T and T-Mobile and I believe Verizon is the most reliable.

At a nearby major shopping center Verizon has always had very poor service (and only Verizon AFAIK.)
At this major expressway/freeway intersection, you can get barely workable if any coverage inside the stores.

Bass pro - Weak coverage, or no signal.

Total Wine - No signal at all

Best Buy - Voice but no data

Walmart - Voice but no data

Costco - Very slow data, but works.

Safeway - Only works near the front of the store.  The back is no service.
Even the new Verizon Wireless store had such terrible service they've installed a their own micro cell site, but it only covers their store.
5032 Almaden Expy
San Jose, CA 95118

The list goes on, but it's centered around this point:  See: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2549335,-121.8752658,17.21z

Google Maps

I suspect the signal has been aimed for freeway traffic, otherwise this is a hole.
I really think Verizon should prioritize such a major shopping area especially since the store is there.

Is there any way to call Verizon and put in a ticket or something to have them look at coverage here?  Who do I call and what do I say?

This is nothing new.  It has been this way for 4 years.  I feel like they just don't know how bad it is.
Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Another poor signal question
taylorh9

This open-signal map sort of reflects the issue.  See all of that red?  That's basically unusable service based on my years of experience in the area.  And outdoors on the street it's very very slow data.verizon.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taylorh9, we understand the importance on having a constant reliable signal when shopping around. Thanks for all the helpful detailed information. I don't see anything in our alerts with an issue in that area, all cell sites are functioning as intended. Those stores/locations must be in a degraded area. I'm not sure filing a ticket would help much considering that our towers are operating as they should. If you did want a deeper investigation into this, the best and most convenient way would be for you to give us a call. You can reach us by dialing 800-922-0204. We can file a ticket but we would need specific addresses to those locations. 

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
taylorh9

Thank you for the response.  I don't think it's an outage, rather antennas not covering the area very well.

It's not really about me.  It's about all of your customers having a bad experience on this network.

AT&T has an app where you could report poor coverage and they would check it out if they got enough reports.  I just wish Verizon had some kind of feedback mechanism like that.

I may call and ask for investigation in the specific addresses where there is no coferage at all.  If they address those, I'm sure it'll improve the whole area.

Thank you for the reply.

0 Likes