Announcement 24
Totalarnage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried calling someone and I get "Welcome to Verizon wireless your call can't be completed due to this line having restrictions announcement 24" It's just that one person. I've tried calling from a landline as well and get the same message. What does announcement 24 mean?

Tags (1)
Re: Announcement 24
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to have issues with your calls. Let's look into this together. Are landlines able to call you? Do they receive this message when trying to reach you? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
VeronicaOlivera
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, we’ve been having this same issue on my daughter’s line.  

I’ve tried trouble shooting this on her phone settings and within the Verizon app but no luck. Also unable to connect with 611 from her phone to try and resolve it.  The only call we can place from her phone is to my phone - I’m the main line on the account. 

Please advise best way to fix this, we are hopeful not to have to factory reset. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Turn off any family base settings on the line in the MyVerizon account 

0 Likes
Kai44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you please help. I cannot call my sister and it says that you are that this is a restricted line and that It's code 24 can you please send me answers

JRossi08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem but it's my daughter's phone and she can't call her grandmother's cell. Both are on my plan. She can call anyone else so I am not sure why she's getting this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kai44, making sure you are able to successfully place a phone call to your sister is important. Allow us the opportunity to go over the details of your concern. Announcement 24 "This call cannot be completed because there are restrictions on this line" occurs when there are Verizon Smart Family restrictions active on the line and prohibiting a phone call. Please keep in mind that if the Smart Family add-on is removed, it may take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect.

Can you please let us know if you have Smart Family set up on your account?

Please reference this link https://vz.to/2rZocr8 and review the “Set and remove time restrictions” for more details. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
casheppar

I have this same problem.  I don't have family settings as I'm the only one with an account.  My daughter is in another state an no one can call her.  Apple 6.  Verizon wireless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you can call your daughter, casheppar. To clarify, is your daughter on her own family plan? Do you know if Smart Family is set up on the account she is on?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
slj62

I am having this same issue.  I can't call my son's line.  Please help.  We don't have Family Sharing App.

0 Likes