Am I getting the shaft from Verizon?
Verizovictim

I recently left my hotspot at a hotel. I stopped at a verizon store and asked about using my iPhone as a hotspot. He showed me how to turn it on within my settings, and now I am wondering why the salesperson never showed me how to do this and why I was never told that my iPhone was a hotspot. Whenever I use the computer, the phone is sitting right there!

I have been paying $40 a month for something that I never needed. Is this typical of Verizon salespeople? Are the commissions more important than offering the customer what they actually need? Has anyone else been cheated like this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Am I getting the shaft from Verizon?
rcschnoor
Legend

There is no way for the salesperson to know that your phone would always be available to be used as a hotspot, especially a Verizon iPhone. Verizon iPhones will lose the data connection if a phone call comes in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There is no way for the salesperson to know that your phone would always be available to be used as a hotspot, especially a Verizon iPhone. Verizon iPhones will lose the data connection if a phone call comes in.

0 Likes
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I am understand you bought a Verizon wireless wireless cell modem for your laptop, paid for the service and extra data needed for the service?

If this is true, the 40.00 you been spending on the service, could have been easily spent on data using your phone as a hotspot. So the 40.00 probably would have been spent one way or the other. I have tried using my phone as a hotspot, i have found the service is not great, more of a novelty, than something you can count on. I cant testify if the reception is better with the cell modem over the phone, I would hope so or the service would be crap..(LOL)

Just my thoughts, I understand you feel you were not correctly told about your phone capabilities.

0 Likes
Verizovictim

I average less than 10 calls a day. I believe that there is an "off" button/setting for the phone, should I wish to not lose the connection. I find it interesting that the person (a woman) who is credited as the salesperson is not the person (a man) with whom I dealt. The Verizon folks seem very shy about talking to me about this issue. They want me to talk to the salesperson who now seems not to exist.

0 Likes
Verizovictim

Exactly my thought. My current usage, which resets on the 17th, is .75 gigs. Like I said, the shaft. I have begun cautioning other about this bait & switch/unnecessary expense. I should add that I have a land line, also, so the need to communicate while I am online is covered 98% of the time.

0 Likes