All Verizon devices think I'm in Portland OR, Seattle WA, or Alpharetta GA while I'm in Maui
SBCompleteIT

My whole family is in Maui, Hawaii on vacation.  We live in Santa Barbara, California.

We all have Verizon devices:

5x iPhone 5s

2x iPad Mini w/4G

1x JetPack 4G

Since we've been here in Maui, Hawaii, when we pull up sites on our iPhones, that use location services (Apple Maps, The Weather Channel, etc.), the site thinks we're in Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington.

The weirdness isn't exclusive to Apple devices.  I'm typing this out on my laptop connected to my JetPack.  When I went to The Weather Channel (weather.com), to check on the coming storms, the site thinks I'm in Portland, Oregon.  So I logged into MyVerizon here, to check the support threads, and this site thinks I'm in Alpharetta, Georgia.  WTH??

I've never been to Portland, Seattle, or Alpharetta with ANY of my devices.

Anyone have any insights?

Remember, this is occurring on different manufacturers' devices so it's not just an Apple issue.

-Rob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All Verizon devices think I'm in Portland OR, Seattle WA, or Alpharetta GA while I'm in Maui
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SBCompleteIT, let's solve this mystery together! Please power off all of the devices & remove the sim cards on each for 40 seconds. You will then reboot the device so that it updates to the closest tower in the location. Also, go to Settings, Privacy, Location services, system services and make sure they are enable for Setting Time Zone.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes