After I sign up for en EDGE agreement, and one year comes up what do I owe if anything if I want to get a new phone on another EDGE agreement?
BrewerFam

Lets say I'm on a single line smartphone plan for $60/1GB of data. And do an EDGE agreement on a Samsung S5.

Full Retail of S5: $600.00

$600/24 months = $25 a month

Plan discount for EDGE: $10

Samsung S5 ends up being: $15/month additional.

So My Bill would end up being $75/month plus taxes.

Over that one year I pay $15/month x 12 months = $180

What happens after that one year if I want a new phone? I know that I must trade in the S5, but what else is owed. Do I have to pay off the rest of that full price to EDGE up again? Or do I just pay tax for the new phone. What happens after a year on EDGE is what confuses me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After I sign up for en EDGE agreement, and one year comes up what do I owe if anything if I want to get a new phone on another EDGE agreement?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BrewerFam, help is here front and center! You are on the right track with having to return the S5 in good working condition to Edge up. Also, you will need to have been on Edge for at least 30 days and paid at least 50% of the full retail price on the Edge agreement. Once 50% is paid, you can start another Edge agreement with a new payment plan and the other one would end. View details: http://vz.to/1g7WObj

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After I sign up for en EDGE agreement, and one year comes up what do I owe if anything if I want to get a new phone on another EDGE agreement?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You are paying $25 a month for the phone. The $10 credit is towards the $40 line access fee. So for the phone after a year you've paid $300. When you've paid off half of the cost of your phone you are eligible to re-up on Edge. You can get a new phone, pay the sales tax and return your "old" phone. The old phone has to be in good condition, without cracked screen etc.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BrewerFam, help is here front and center! You are on the right track with having to return the S5 in good working condition to Edge up. Also, you will need to have been on Edge for at least 30 days and paid at least 50% of the full retail price on the Edge agreement. Once 50% is paid, you can start another Edge agreement with a new payment plan and the other one would end. View details: http://vz.to/1g7WObj

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes