After 8 years I just wanted to say goodbye verizon
JessicaMF

I'm off to T Mobile.  I don't see how we can make this work anymore.  I've tried and I've tried.  You just keep taking more and more and giving less and less.  And you make life so freaking complicated.  I talked to you.  Several times.  But you just wouldn't listen.  personally, I think you didn't believe me when I said I would leave and counted on my sticking around because of the pain factor of change.

Eventually the pain factor is just too much.  Oh make no mistake, I can afford you easily.  But you just don't give value for what I pay.

To the point... T Mobile is getting better.  Giving better service.  Cheaper.  Without all the >>removed<< games you guys play.  Their network is starting to get rave reviews in the press.  And I calculated it up...

GOING TO T MOBILE WILL SAVE ME OVER 1000 DOLLARS OVER 2 YEARS!   That is a a ridiculous amount of money.  An INSANE amount of money.

In a 2 year period you would cost me almost 3500 dollars!  For that kind of money you guys should be coming to my house, tucking me in bed and reading me a bed time story every night!  But you don't.  You are a phone.  That is all.  And honestly, I think hubris has gotten in your way.

So this is where it ends.  I'm getting a new Note 3, unlimited non-throttled 4G service with 2.5 gigs of hotspot for less than my current service not including the cost of a new phone with you guys.  Add in a new phone... and that's 150 a month!  That is half of a car payment!

So to all of the verizon customers out there... I recommend you rethink verizon  I did.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 8 years I just wanted to say goodbye verizon
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Good luck.  It's always advisable for each person to select the best options for themselves.

Have fun with your $41 dollars a month.  Do something good in the world with it.  You can make a difference.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha ha good for you. But let me tell you that its not really a great deal. You see the unlimited Talk&Text is $50 and the unlimited data is $20 with 2.5 GB of teathering and taxes and fees around $86 to $90 a month. That is a savings but your device is not subsidized so under EIP its another $20-$25 per month so $115 a month.

T-Mobile has poor coverage of all providers, and I know I used them for 5 months. There is also poor billing practices such as charges you did not authorize or apps you did not purchase, an online billing portal that does not always function, and when you call customer service to pay it they will charge your account $5 per transaction so its $10 extra. However they don't tell you that its totally free paying on the automated phone system. Why would they?

They have a nice global text and data plan in 100 countries for free at the lowest possible speed. And .20¢ a minute for calling. They also have free WiFi calling on certain devices that is a good feature, but you can get other apps that are just as free.

Lastly, T-Mobile is now being a ripe plucking for Softbank Sprint so the T-Mobile you join today may be phased out and the gimmicks they are using gone as well. Pricing may and more than likely will greatly increase. Sprint will gut the company spectrum and remaining customer base. So hopefully you will have service to enjoy.

Not trying to sway you just giving you things to think about.

Good Luck

0 Likes
JessicaMF

I agree with everything you said.

I've already gotten my bill amount.  Including taxes and phone (amortized over 2 years  although I pay full retail) it will be 106 per month.

My phone bill with verizon is 120.  I have the unlimited plan so tethering which I now need is another 20 per month.  That's 140.  And then I have to pay full retail for a phone which is 700/24=29.  So if I stay with Verizon that's 169/mo.

That's a 63 dollar a month difference = 756.  756*2= over 1500 for 2 years.

I've already checked out the T Mobile coverage map and all of the places I go have at least good coverage and most are very good or exceptional.  So I should be fine there.  And honestly... T Mobile doesn't have coverage everywhere... but I'm not everywhere.  If I can't get 3 or 4 G coverage in the middle of no where Montana, that doesn't effect me because I don't live in Montana. 

There is a way to go on the T Mobile web site and disable the authorization of third parties to put charges on your phone bill... so I can control the apps and other stuff.

I'm ok with having lowest speed in other countries as my verizon phone wouldn't even operate in other countries.

I am aware that others look at T Mobile as a buy out opportunity.  AT&T tried that a couple years ago.  It could happen.  But if it does then I will re-evaluate the landscape at that time.  T Mobile is doing well now... that doesn't mean it will be doing well in 3 years.

At this point I view verizon like the cable companies.  They were saying that cord-cutters were a small percentage of users and insignificant.  And then more users said to themselves "This just isn't worth it" and it became a significant percentage.  And the cable companies still kept telling themselves that "nothing is wrong".  It was like the emporer's new clothes.  Now cable company growth has stagnated and lots of people are cutting the cord.  I think the same thing is happening with verizon.  I know lots of people who are tired of the games and have said they are leaving.  I didn't hear that 4 years ago.

0 Likes