After 11 Years Done With Verizon!
dj757

I too will be ending my service with Verizon.  Went into a local Verizon store to sign up for a new plan that was heavily advertised on TV.  Store told me I was good to go and what my bill would be.  When I received my bill it was $10 higher.  Called to get it fixed and was told they would "try."  Didn't pay bill.  Next month bill was again $10 more.  Called again and finally was told they would not honor the original promotional price.  I've been with them for 11 years and consider this to be really poor treatment.  Biggest downside is that I won't be able to take my expensive iPhone to another carrier.  But I don't care.  I just want to be done with them.  What a racket, especially not being able to move my phone to a new carrier.

Diana

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 11 Years Done With Verizon!
Not applicable

Yeah its always smart to to not pay the bill or leave a carrier over $10. The late fees are $5 more per month and there will be a reconnection charge I believe of $15 so now its $20 more a month to get a $10 dollar credit.

If you didn't pay $800 like I did for the iPhone it was then paid under a phone subsidy and also a contract for two years. So at best you lost another $200

So now add in that cost of early termination fees $350, the two invoices you owe already and the late and reconnection fees.

The bad credit line report from Verizon (now it will be hard to get cell service without a security deposit), and the cost of getting another device and the activation charges and the list goes on.

All over $10. You can dispute the $10 in writing with a certified return receipt letter and see what it is for.

Good luck