Adverse Action Notice?
bluesugar699
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am totally confused. I recently got a new line (on 10/9) so a "device spending limit" soft inquiry was run. I received documents on 10/17 (in regards to the adverse notice) for the line added on 10/9. On 10/18, I received another adverse action letter for a soft inquiry check that was done on 10/10. On 10/19 and today, 10/20, a routine credit check was completed and it was more "adverse action notices." Here is what I am confused about:

1. The letters all reference a score that was run/checked on July 25th- shouldn't it reference the day it was run? (ex: soft credit check run on 10/10, thus score should be from 10/10, not 7/25)

2. Why has there been 2 more soft inquiries, yesterday and today, when they were just done a week ago? Are routine soft checks done twice in one month, back to back?

3. Key factors that adversely effected my score are "Number of NCTUE satisfactory occurences reported in the last 12 months." What does that mean? If I have a complaint about serivce it ends up being held against me? 

Thanks for everyones time!

Re: Adverse Action Notice?
mkaputsos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same letter and the credit score they listed was incorrect as well as the same thing about # of NCTUE and # Of Inquiries even though I have had no NCTUE and my inquiries listed on my credit report are not outstanding. I'm not sure if this was an error as I have read that they have a lot of internal issues with this communication going out automatically. I do not see what my spending limit is or what exactly it has been applied to. This letter really doesn't explain what it is referring to as I still have service on my account and have continued to make the monthly payments as well as upgrade my plan. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,mkaputsos. I can understand the concern of needing to know why this letter was sent out. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) guidelines and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), VZW is legally required to send Adverse Action Letters to standard monthly consumer customers and new applicants. This is sent when there has been a recent inquiry into eligibility for any new device payment agreement (upgrade or Add a Line). Or it is sent following bi-annual maintenance of risk score that determines your Bill To Account eligibility. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
pinkstarzprincess

How do we appeal this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the most accurate information, pinkstarzprincess. We're here to help. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Adverse Action Notice? INACCURATE & Poor Customer Service
jkmarty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently received this same notice and I am equally confused and disappointed in the experience.  The language choice is concerning and the implications unclear.  With the language "# of NCTUE worst ever satisfactory accounts reported in the last 12 months" indicates there is a problem.  We have never been late.  We have exemplary credit and the score provided was entirely inaccurate.  It is also not clear what "adjusting your spending limit for purchases" means when we haven't done anything to trigger this decision.  Some personal customer service would be appreciated.

Zgoodman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same notice today. Makes no since and doesn’t explain what my limit is? It’s a very vague notice. Also, the credit score they said I had is wrong. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Zgoodman ,

We always want to make sure you are set up for success in what you're looking for. Please refer to the bottom of your letter for any specific questions regarding the information you were provided with. You will see a separate section in the Credit Score part for questions related to the score you had been given. RussellM_VZW

0 Likes