Additional 1GB MORE Plan Promotion (from Sept) - Not Applied to account?
oakley1

I purchased an iPhone 6 back in September under the promise that by switching from AT&T to Verizon to combine on my wife's account, I would be awarded a free 1GB of additional data to my plan each month. To me, this was a major selling point when giving up my unlimited data plan at AT&T to switch. I wasn't aware that I had not and have not been receiving the extra GB each month until now. I noticed that this is a pretty common issue on these boards, and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to resolve this?

"Customer Service" is telling me there's nothing they can do and that I have to physically go to the store where I purchased the phone to see if they can add this. While this sounds ridiculous that they would have access to provide a national promotion at the store but not at the national level, I also don't have the time to go to a store and deal with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Additional 1GB MORE Plan Promotion (from Sept) - Not Applied to account?
Siouxzette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Curiously - was the store you purchased from a retail store that was independent or an Official Verizon store?  I had a similar experience from an Independent store.  I never felt I got the satisfaction I thought I deserved. 

0 Likes
Re: Additional 1GB MORE Plan Promotion (from Sept) - Not Applied to account?
oakley1

It was at an official Verizon Store. I just went back there to speak with an associate yesterday and they told me they can't do anything about it either. So, basically I was lied to when I signed up for Verizon's services and the data plan I was promised.

Apparently customer service has no way to serve their customers, which is fantastic. No one even attempts to offer any solutions or a work around, they just point fingers back and forth and tell me I'm SOL. This lack of customer service is exactly why I left Verizon years ago. 

0 Likes