Added a 2nd ine s I could get a different pone at discount
Gb755c

I have gone trough 2 strm replacements a 3rd one is on its way.  so I got fed up because I know that with the Storm's shotty design where the screen is not sealed completely that within a few months of this replacement I will have probles agai so I shopped around on Verizon and 3rd Party comanies for the best pric on a Samsung Omnia II if I were to add a line and letstalk.com had the best price at $89.  The main question I have is that I have an old non-smartphone sitting around which when I get the Omnia II I will switch to that on the current line.  Is there a way that I can have all calls going to the primary line forwardedto the line that will have the Omnia II?  I will give people the new number when I can so that I cn get my text subscriptions etc.  Once I complete the 6 months that Letstalk wants before I can do anything with the line I will either switch the Omnia II to the primary line or bite the bullet until the contract on it runs out and terminate it.  Can I strip the primary line down to the minimal needed to do forwardng or is it better to suspend the line for te 6 months and then do this.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Added a 2nd ine s I could get a different pone at discount
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gb755c wrote:

I have gone trough 2 strm replacements a 3rd one is on its way.  so I got fed up because I know that with the Storm's shotty design where the screen is not sealed completely that within a few months of this replacement I will have probles agai so I shopped around on Verizon and 3rd Party comanies for the best pric on a Samsung Omnia II if I were to add a line and letstalk.com had the best price at $89.  The main question I have is that I have an old non-smartphone sitting around which when I get the Omnia II I will switch to that on the current line.  Is there a way that I can have all calls going to the primary line forwardedto the line that will have the Omnia II?  Yes - see below.  I will give people the new number when I can so that I cn get my text subscriptions etc.  Once I complete the 6 months that Letstalk wants before I can do anything with the line I will either switch the Omnia II to the primary line or bite the bullet until the contract on it runs out and terminate it.  Can I strip the primary line down to the minimal needed to do forwardng As far as I know, you can  or is it better to suspend the line for te 6 months and then do this.  Thanks!

Call forwarding:

How to Use It

To Activate:

1. Press *72.
  2. Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded. (e.g. *72-908-123-4567).
  3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.
  4. Press END.

To Deactivate:

1. Press *73.
  2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message. 
  3. Press END.

The incoming call minutes will be charged to the Storm line (or whatever phone you put on), the forwarded call SHOULD count as IN Network if the Omnia line is a Verizon number also.  Just be aware that both invcoming and outgoing minutes are charged for the forwarded call, along with incoming minutes on the line the call is forwarded to.

HTH,

0 Likes