Re: Activation nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scheff, I know that I would be anxious to have the last detail, the trade in, completed and off of the worry list. We are happy to take a closer look at your trade. Please respond to our Private Message. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scheff
Enthusiast - Level 3

The trade-in is still not processed. I have contacted your phone support, who re-confirmed that a device with a different color than originally specified is not a problem. They also said you have some delays post Black Friday. That was over a week ago and there's still no progress.

You have sent me a private message to authenticate myself, which I have already done in previous private conversation with you. Why do you need to perform the same again?

0 Likes
scheff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Below is transcript of first hour of interaction with the other side of the link you provided. Is this really the level of customer support you want to be providing?

Me:
Opened link you provided in private message from my authenticated web session.
5:13 PM

Support:
Thank you for reaching out to the Verizon Social Media Team! We appreciate your patience while we connect you with your representative, who will reply in this window. Please confirm your full name and the phone number associated with your account below.

Me:
XXXXXXX - 415-XXX-XXXX

Support:
Thank you for verifying your name and number in the Secure Channel. I want to help. I only see a couple of your posts. Can you please tell me what issue you need help with?
5:18 PM

Me:
Hi, the latest issue is with my trade-in. I have sent the device the same day I received the return package. I have not received any update since, but the tracking shows you have received the device. When checking status based on the submissions ID (2760XXXX) I see the following:

12/19/2020 Your Shipment Has Arrived
12/18/2020 Device received. Expected device does not match received device.

I have twice verified with you that sending a device with a different color (and therefore IMEI) is perfectly ok.
5:22 PM

My question is, why has the trade-in not been processed yet? When will it be? Will you apply device credit retroactively?
5:23 PM

Support:
By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here: http://spr.ly/600XXXX Those are good questions. Let's take a look at that.

Me:
5:26 PM
The link you send gives me "Oops! Something went wrong."

Me:
5:26 PM
When trying in a new anonymous window I get: "We're sorry but this session is no longer valid. Please reach back out to us on Social Media to get a new secure conversation link."
I used a similar link when opening this conversation with you in the first place. Why do we need to do it again?
5:27 PM

Me:
Is there anybody in there?
5:33 PM

Support:
My apologies. You're right. I do see that you're in the Secure Channel. I see that your rebate was emailed to you on 12/24/2020. May I please have your email address that you used when you filed for the rebate?
5:35 PM

Me:
It seems like you did not read my message above. Can you please do so? I'm talking about a trade-in, not rebate.
5:38 PM

Me:
It's been almost ten minutes. Will you help me, or am I wasting my time?
5:46 PM

Support:
My apologies. I'm currently experiencing high post traffic. The device that we received has the following device ID: 3548XXXX. Did you trade in the iPhone X that was on the account before your iPhone 12?
5:52 PM

Me:
No. I traded in my Google Pixel 3 64 GB white with IMEI 3582XXX
5:54 PM

Support:
Thank you for letting me know that. When you submitted for your Trade in credit, did you submit the information for your Pixel or the iPhone?
6:01 PM

Me:
For Pixel.
6:01 PM

Me:
You have received device Google Pixel 3 White 64 GB IMEI 3582XXXX on December 18 with UPS tracking 1Z4EXXX. Submission ID is 2760XXXX. The device is in excellent condition. Please make sure the trade-in of $550.00 is processed correctly.
6:02 PM

Support:
When did you receive that email?
6:02 PM

Me:
What email?
6:03 PM

Support:
When did you receive that text?
6:03 PM

Me:
I wrote it to summarize the situation for you.
6:04 PM

Me:
Will you fix this, or am I wasting my time? It's been almost an hour and we have zero progress.
6:06 PM

Support:
That's the device that was received. The one that the warehouse expected was the other device. That's why you haven't received your trade in credit yet. The warehouse requires the correct device sent back to them. Did another representative tell you that you could send the white one back instead of the black one?
6:15 PM

Me:
Yes. I have verified twice with your support that sending a different color of the same device is ok.
6:16 PM

0 Likes
scheff
Enthusiast - Level 3

After another 15 minutes of wait the representative gave me phone number 1-800-416-8894 to contact. Why did that take 60 minutes and why nobody sent me the phone number in this thread earlier is incomprehensible to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to thank you for keeping us informed about this inconvenient situation. We want to make sure that you receive the credits and promotions that you are expecting and qualify for. We are definitely here to help. We contacted you via a Private Note to continue assisting you.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to review your concerns with you here. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note at your earliest convenience. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad you were able to get back on the path to resolution. If you have any questions for us after your call, please let us know. We are happy to assist in any way possible. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
scheff
Enthusiast - Level 3

I certainly wouldn't say that I was "able to get back on the path to resolution". You have a reply to your question about submission ID in a private message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to make sure you're still getting the assistance you need. Please, Private Message us anytime for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
scheff
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has been a week. I have notified you yesterday, you asked me to open a link to authenticate my account. I have done that. You have not followed up after that. Is the issue resolved?

0 Likes